Photo

Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Poll: Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

1. October 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. October 15 (15 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

3. October 22 (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. October 29 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:58 AM

There are a few people interested in doing the Four Cache Loop Pick a date that best suits you. If we get enough people together we'll try to get the owner of this cache to be our guide. It will be during hunting season, so think about wearing something bright orange.

Good idea TPB....here's the link to the FCL.

#82 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:59 AM

After FINALLY finding the DB Cooper cache, in Texas that is, I'm assuming the final coords are somewhere around the FCL?

The cache page for "D. B. Cooper Jr. by geowyz! & pnew" is here.  The waypoint is GCGGTR, and yes, it is close-ish to FCL.

When we found it, there had been a forest fire the year before, but the cache survived.

This is the link to the DB cooper cache.

#83 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:23 PM

....and a camera to blackmail tx_secsy with

Very funny GQ! :D ::)

#84 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,306 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:34 PM

I was just quoting you..  :D

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#85 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:02 PM

Oh damn....it USED to say NOT to be used on tx_secsy... :D

#86 ty_dolney

ty_dolney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:00 PM

Well, I'm sorry to not let ya'll know earlier but I'm not gunna be able to make it this weekend. :'(  Due to hurricane Rita my plans this month got waaaaaay outa wack.  I'm gunna be wrapped up from 8 am to 7 pm on the 15th.  I did go out there last saturday morning to check on caches 1, 3 & 4.  They were in good shape and I stocked them up. The trail was kinda torn up from all the high winds. There were a number of fallen trees that required small detours.  I would definitely suggest pants and long sleeves on this hike, at least until the hiking club can do some trail work to clean it up and widen the trail in places. I'll just have to watch from a distance this time.  Ya'll be safe and have fun!!
:D TD

#87 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:08 PM

Well, I'm sorry to not let ya'll know earlier but I'm not gunna be able to make it this weekend. :'(  Due to hurricane Rita my plans this month got waaaaaay outa wack.  I'm gunna be wrapped up from 8 am to 7 pm on the 15th.  I did go out there last saturday morning to check on caches 1, 3 & 4.  They were in good shape and I stocked them up. The trail was kinda torn up from all the high winds. There were a number of fallen trees that required small detours.  I would definitely suggest pants and long sleeves on this hike, at least until the hiking club can do some trail work to clean it up and widen the trail in places. I'll just have to watch from a distance this time.  Ya'll be safe and have fun!!

awwwww....sorry to hear that. :'( Was so looking forward to meeting you.

Hope all is ok at your place from the hurricane....need anything?

#88 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

GQ....any way you can add that part about the long pants and sleeves to the front page?

#89 ty_dolney

ty_dolney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:33 PM

Hope all is ok at your place from the hurricane....need anything?

All is well. The houses faired well, but I got plenty of fire wood for the next decade. O0
Thanks for the concern.

I'm kinda bummed that I can't meet the group this time.  I'll scratch a chigger bite for ya'll.

#90 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:19 PM

Front page looks great, thanks GQ. I will definately be in long pants, especially after looking at Tx_Secsy's legs this weekend!!    ;D

Can't wait til Saturday.
gsguru

#91 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Hey Tx Secsy,

Do I need to resolve the DB Cooper if I have already completed it once.  I don't see the point but as I might tag along I wouldn't want anyone to feel the situation unfair?  Let me know what you think?

#92 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

Thanks, I solved it once before, and I guess it would be easy to do again, but I just wanted to be prepared.  I look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

#93 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,306 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:02 PM

The FCL map supplied by Ivan Tofindit is now listed in the downloads section.
It can be found here.

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#94 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:50 PM

It can be found here.

Nothing happens GQ???? :-[

#95 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:39 AM

Hey Tx Secsy,

Do I need to resolve the DB Cooper if I have already completed it once.  I don't see the point but as I might tag along I wouldn't want anyone to feel the situation unfair?  Let me know what you think?

No, I wouldn't think so....you've already claimed the cache, right? Just don't give anyone the answers, even me, now matter how hard we beg.  :D

I got a hint from someone how to solve the puzzle, otherwise I'd be lost. ;D

#96 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:50 AM

I promise, no help, though I seriously doubt you puzzle-rific cachers will need any.  See you this weekend!

#97 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,306 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:52 AM

It can be found here.

Not sure, but it works for me in two diferent browers. Anyone else?

Help me help you.

#98 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:53 AM

It can be found here.

I was able to see it....and print it....its a good map. I have it at home that I can email tonight if needed.

#99 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:11 AM

It can be found here.

I think "my" problem was with AR 6.0

#100 Dave77459

Dave77459

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationGCRJCC

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:32 AM

he he he, I found my archive from when I found it and counted the "river" crossings.  I only counted them if they had running water in them.  Here it is, plotted on Google Earth:

Posted Image

Note that there is a benchmark at the parking lot if you have never found one of those before.

I am horribly disappointed that prior committments are forcing me to miss another trip.  :'(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users