Photo

Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Poll: Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

1. October 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. October 15 (15 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

3. October 22 (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. October 29 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:36 PM

With the "Better Half" of Team Tulip out of town, I would like to try to accompany you all on this hun but I cannot stay the night.

Is there someone I could car/van/truck-pool with.  Or I could take some folks in the GeoCaching Station Wagon :laugh:

Let me know!
Team Tulip

What part of town you live in Tulip? Will ya be at the impromptu tomorrow?

#62 Team Tulip

Team Tulip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, Texas

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:25 PM

Tx Secsy, Im out of gas after doing your FTF#12 Back to School Chaos!  :D.

We live in Missouri City, near Murphy Road and Highway 6.

But, I can meet folks early in the morning if i need to.  Humm...Ill have to think about my dogs. 

How long will this take?  Less than 8 hours total?

Tulip

#63 Team Tulip

Team Tulip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:27 PM

BTW, we are going to San Antonio this weekend for a wedding and some caching, I hope.

#64 Snoogans

Snoogans

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationThe Armpit of the Universe

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:17 AM

But, I can meet folks early in the morning if i need to.  Humm...Ill have to think about my dogs. 

Tulip

You can only go as fast as your slowest person in a large group. We had a dozen folks do the cache in about 10 hours. 14.7 miles! But we DID pick up D.B. Cooper along the way which is a .6 mile detour, but wellllllllll worth it. O0

BTW- We had a dozen folks in our group and I came in dead last about 20 minutes behind.

MAKE SURE THE LAST PERSON IN LINE HAS A RADIO!

#65 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

Tulip

:D you shoulda seen all the gas I used plantin it! After mtp placed the bug in that cache the other day I figured I better go check on the waypoints. Well, waypoint 1 was missing  >:(. So I went home to get my notes....which I lost  ::) so I went to each waypoint that morning to make sure all were in place....all before 7:30 a.m. mtp said, "ya know tx_secsy, you can go get the bug outa your own cache." Which I already knew but I wanted someone ELSE to find my cache, why plant em if no one finds em huh?

If you can be at my house that morning, you can ride with us....Jeff and I. Email me this week, I live fairly close to you, over in Alief....we'll make a game plan.

I heard it'll take about 6 hours. But with the drive to and from count on 10, huh?

#66 Team Tulip

Team Tulip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:02 AM

Sheesh,
Decisions, decisions.. :-\..Ill think it over, i have much angst about leaving the dogs on their own. 

Humm......

#67 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:48 AM

Six hours would be a pretty good pace, and without too many breaks, and it would also depend on someone's calculation of DB Cooper as well.  I can be done in six, but I don't know about with a group, well, nevermind when I did it it was soggy the whole way and there were fifty rivers to cross.  It hasn't rained lately so six is a fair guess.  Let me know when you get the final from Ty ok.

#68 Dave77459

Dave77459

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationGCRJCC

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:13 AM

I really hadn't planned on adding the DB Cooper cache to our hike. It adds about 4 miles to the trip. Does the group want to? Its a Geowyz puzzle cache that'll have to be solved before the hike day....don't have the exact name in front of me, I can post it later if ya'll want.

I hope the weather is as good as it is today huh?!?!? :)

It kinda depends on if we have kids on the hike with us. I am inclined to say no.
gsguru

I really don't think D.B. COoper adds 4 miles to the hike.  It is a slight detour of maybe 0.5 miles round trip.  Do you really want to give up getting a geowyz cache?  The calculation is a simple projection using the grea circle method.

Oh....well I was just goin on what Dave said about the 4 mile thing. I tell ya what. I'll TRY and figure out the puzzle and do some work on it. I kinda learned to read a topo this week, thanks to GW. YOu're right SP....I'd hate to think I was that close to a GW cache and not get it, ya know?

I'm kinda hesitant about the 4 mile addition just cuz I broke my leg in June. I did fine on the 2 five miles jeff and I did a couple weeks ago....but .5 miles won't be bad at all. Hell once ya do 10 miles what another 1 mile huh?

In other words....lemme work on it over the weekend.

I said it was a 4 mile addition?  If I did, I am sorry because that isn't true.  SP's .5 miles is closer to it, unless you count the 3.5 miles we added by looking for an hour due to the Magellan vs Garmin Projections.  :police:

If you go, please do plan on doing DB Cooper Jr, as it is the perfect time.  Plus, it'll be neat to see how the forest has recovered after the fire.  It was charred black poles when I last saw it.

#69 Dave77459

Dave77459

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationGCRJCC

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:18 AM

Er, I've lost track and didn't see a definitive date.  Are we talking the 15th, the 22nd, or something else?

#70 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:31 AM

Well....sorry Dave, I musta dreamed that up then. :-\. Oh well, I think a 1 mile addition to the hike is worth it anyway.

We're goin the 15th....this coming Saturday!

#71 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:02 AM

Yup, THIS Saturday....  O0  I got a new Camelbak from Academy just for the occasion.. (a bona fide excuse  :angel: ) The weather is going to be great.

Tx_Secsy, please email me the map.

gsguru

#72 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:37 AM

Ok will do gsguru

dave that mean you're goin?

#73 Team Tulip

Team Tulip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:34 PM

I am officially "off the fence" - I am not going to attend  :(

Ill use the time to hunt the Geo-Opoly whilst you all are away!!  >:D

Have fun, I am sure that I will regret this decision after you all come back with stories!

Tulip

#74 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:23 PM

Last time I hit the FCL Dave the forest had already halfway recovered, you could still see some charred remains but the trees and fauna had bounced back an awful lot.  DB was also replaced so it definitely is a cache not to miss.

#75 Ivan Tofindit

Ivan Tofindit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:58 AM

Geek-Qualizer

Were you able to load the Four Cache Loop map in the downloads?

#76 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,252 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:05 AM

Not yet, My upload kept getting corrputed. I'll get it posted today though. I promise.
img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report obusive, offensive, and or objectionial message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'

#77 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,252 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:27 AM

Ok, I just want to be clear before I post a note on the front page.

Four Cache Loop Group assult.
Oct. 15th at 8:00am
Meeting place, Parking coordinates as listed on cache page.

Any other details?

Help me help you.
Report obusive, offensive, and or objectionial message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'

#78 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:45 AM

Looks good...think we should add a "what to bring list?"

#79 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,252 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:50 AM

I think the more information the better..  I just want to post a message on the front page with solid info.

Help me help you.

#80 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:57 AM

So here's what to bring....

Extra socks
quality hiking stick
bug spray
lunch
towel
water (we're wearing camel backs)
high fiber/protein snacks like trail mix
camera for blackmail later (to be used on tx_secsy :D)

I hope the weather is as good as it is today huh?!?!? :)

This is my what to bring list that I posted before....edit/add/remove whatever you think.

We are planning on doing the DB Cooper cache, so everyone needs to solve the puzzle before Saturday morning. It only adds about 1 mile to the hike.

Please add for people to hydrate their body on Friday and Thursday by drinkin EXTRA (more than 10 glasses) each day. That'll help them on Saturday of the hike.

Don't add this part to the front page, but I'll contact Ty_Dolney also, to see if he has any other suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users