Photo

Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Poll: Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

1. October 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. October 15 (15 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

3. October 22 (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. October 29 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

There are a few people interested in doing the Four Cache Loop Pick a date that best suits you. If we get enough people together we'll try to get the owner of this cache to be our guide. It will be during hunting season, so think about wearing something bright orange.

#2 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:03 PM

Oct. 15 got my vote ...

#3 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,313 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

Too bad Halloween falls on a Monday. I would love to start the hike in the afternoon, set camp at the small lake, then head out in the morning. Finding DB Cooper on Halloween night sounds like fun >:D

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#4 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:22 PM

After FINALLY finding the DB Cooper cache, in Texas that is, I'm assuming the final coords are somewhere around the FCL?

#5 Dave77459

Dave77459

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationGCRJCC

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:09 PM

After FINALLY finding the DB Cooper cache, in Texas that is, I'm assuming the final coords are somewhere around the FCL?

The cache page for "D. B. Cooper Jr. by geowyz! & pnew" is here.  The waypoint is GCGGTR, and yes, it is close-ish to FCL.

When we found it, there had been a forest fire the year before, but the cache survived.

#6 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

I contacted Ty Dolan, the owner of FCL....he's excited about being our guide O0!! He can't do it the first weekend in October so that worked out well. We just gotta let him know which Saturday in October we're goin!

#7 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

Oct  15 is good for me to come down.

#8 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:44 AM

count me in for Oct. 15th as well

Pepper

#9 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

Crap!  I'm working every Saturday in October.  I guess I'll vote for the 15th and take a vacation day, if it works out.  At least I'm not working nights that weekend...
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#10 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:39 AM

I originally voted for Oct. 22 because I don't have the kids that weekend, but am available on Oct. 15th if that is the consensus. Will just have to drag them along or leave them home (they are persnickety teenagers now!!  ::) ) Count me in.
gsguru

#11 ty_dolney

ty_dolney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:31 PM

The 15th is good for me.  It'll prolly be better weather than this last weekend. I wouldn't worry too much about he bow hunters. It's the "big guns" you got to watch out.  I'd love to campout friday night if the weather is good.  Hidden lake and lake neiderhoffer are great spots.  See ya'll there.
:D TD

#12 SNAKE818

SNAKE818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

Octobr 15th sounds like a good date to me.......
This is sounding more and more like it's gonna be a blast..

#13 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,313 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:34 PM

I would love to camp out at Hidden lake, etc.. but TexasPoohBear is afraid of the woods at night.. What can we do to convince her it will be perfectly fine....?  :)

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#14 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:41 PM

Is Hidden Lake about half way through the hike or at the beginning?

The reason i ask is, it would be nice if others could join us on Saturday that don't want to or aren't able to spend the night.

Poohbear, thats doesn't include you, because you really need to spend the night. This is a fear that needs to be conquered. I'm thinkin soilent green might help  ;)

Anyone else interested in camping out overnight? Its primitive camping correct?

#15 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:26 PM

It's not that I'm afraid of the woods at night.... I'm afraid of being in the woods at night with GQ.

Soilent Green might help with THAT fear too :D.

#16 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:28 PM

It's not that I'm afraid of the woods at night.... I'm afraid of being in the woods at night with GQ.

I am not a camper but while on the trail I did not see a single animal.  No snakes, no spiders, no mossies, no pooh bears, nothing, nada.
Posted Image

#17 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:36 PM

I am in for camping.  Actually it will make it easier for me if we do camp that weekend.  :)

#18 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:44 AM

I looked at the map for the 3 notch loop cache. Here's the link http://img.groundspe...e/53504_200.jpg

To camp at hidden lake we'll need to hike in about 1/2 way, set up camp, and then finish the trail the next day. That means hiking in your stuff, MRE's, extra water, etc. Of couse we could camp at Huntsville State Park and then meet up for the hike the next morning.

Jeff and I are game, if we want to make this a group effort....any takers? Either way is fine with us. Looks like we're getting together a nice size little group!

#19 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:05 AM

I like the idea of HSP but will go with the vote either way.  I do think camping  out is a great idea either way.

#20 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:46 PM

For our first time, I would prefer a one day trip.

Mrs. said, “ _ _ _ _ NO, I’m not camping in the middle of the forest without water or power”. Sounds like fun to me but, we will have to pass if it’s an overnight trip.
TTF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users