• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Contact me if you'd like to contribute to flowers or a donation to a charity from the Houston Geocaching community.

• HoustonControl and Baytown Bert like this

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#22 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

I just checked the St. Clare of Assisi web page, and his funeral is scheduled for 10:30 Monday morning.

http://church.stclar....org/home/39-2/

The church is on El Dorado in Clear Lake.

Edited by Mr. ZHR, 22 August 2014 - 11:42 AM.

img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#23 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

Visitation for Bob will be
Sunday, August 24, 2014 from 1-4PM
Forest Park East Funeral Home
21620 Gulf Freeway
Webster, Texas 77598.

A funeral mass will be held
Monday, August 25, 2014 at 10:30am
St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church
3131 El Dorado Blvd.
Houston, Texas

This is the link to his obituary on the funeral home website.
http://obits.dignity...369&mid=6093120

Edited by Baytown Bert, 22 August 2014 - 04:08 PM.

TXGA SETX Representative

#24 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Contact me if you'd like to contribute to flowers or a donation to a charity from the Houston Geocaching community.

Put me down for $20, ZHR

TXGA SETX Representative

#25 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

ROBERT JOSEPH CLEMENTI, JR., of Seabrook, Texas passed away August 19, 2014 after a long battle with melanoma. Bob was born on March 23, 1955 in Englewood, New Jersey and grew up in Binghamton, New York. He attended Catholic Central High School and later SUNY at Binghamton. Bob graduated from the University of Buffalo with a Bachelors of Science degree in 1978 and worked for Total Petrochemicals and later AKZO Nobel Polymer Chemicals. Throughout school, and into adulthood, Bob was an enthusiastic sports fan. He played basketball, football, baseball, lacrosse and golf, to name just a few. Bob loved the Boston Red Sox and had just fulfilled a lifelong dream of touring their home at Fenway Park.
In recent years, Bob spent time geocaching, and had logged caches all over the United States. He made many friends in the community and learned to kayak. Bob loved sports cars and enjoyed watching the classics be restored and driven. His greatest pleasure however, was spending time with family and reminiscing about days gone by.
Bob is predeceased by his mother, Ruth Maggioni Clementi and son, Daniel James Clementi. He is survived by his father, Robert Joseph Clementi, Sr.; wife, Patricia Rose Clementi; daughters, Anne Marie Clementi Hamilton (husband, Justin), Elizabeth Rose Clementi; and son, Robert Edward Clementi (fiance, Kynndra Wells). Bob also leaves behind his beloved grandchildren Emily, Colin and John, his sister, Carol Clementi Rueckle (husband, David) and his brothers, Paul Clementi, Tom Clementi, and Jim Clementi (wife, Dominica). He will be missed dearly by his entire family, including a loving host of nieces, nephews, cousins and in-laws .
Visiting hours will be held at Forest Park East Funeral Home on Sunday, August 24, 2014 from 1-4PM. A funeral mass will be held at St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church, 3131 El Dorado Blvd. Houston, Texas on Monday, August 25, 2014 at 10:30am. A lunch reception will follow immediately after in the church social hall.

TXGA SETX Representative

#26 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

I liked Bob.  I first meet him near Johnny Cache on our way to or from the Hot Sauce festival a few years ago.  We've gone to that every year since and have conspired with Bob to have cache events in the parking lot during the festival.   I will miss his urging to try the crawfish sausage vendor among other things when we go again this year.

I know he was a great guy but I wish I had gotten to know him better... reading his obit, I realized we had a lot of things and places in common.   He will be missed.

• Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image

#27 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,876 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:40 AM

Put me down for $20, ZHR

Me too.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#28 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

I'll talk to Pat about which charity to donate to.  I think that Bob would have approved of donating to charity instead of flowers.  I have had a few donations, but haven't made any decisions yet.

In my talks with Bob, I'm thinking a donation to the St. Clare's library would be a good idea, since Pat works there.  Maybe designated for a Geocaching book?   

• Baytown Bert, Cache Control and green-eyed like this

#29 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

N29 35.511 W095 07.081  Funeral for Bob is at 10:30

TXGA SETX Representative

#30 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

BBQBOB02-obit_zpsbc5776cf.jpg

This was my first Catholic funeral and the edifice was beautiful.  Bob got a great send-off and I was glad Zoothornrollo was there with Greeneyed and I as he knew the ropes to perfection.  I pretty much just winged it silently.

Edited by Baytown Bert, 25 August 2014 - 12:19 PM.

• ATMA, green-eyed and GASTX like this

TXGA SETX Representative

#31 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

I am happy to see the photo of Bob with the kayak. His interest in boating was high and he would have liked that being there.

#32 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

his geocaching and learning to kayak were both mentioned on the back of the program. 

• ATMA likes this
the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#33 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

Okay, what can we do about adopting out Bob's caches, seeing some of them are getting Needs Maint logs.

TXGA SETX Representative

#34 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationHumble, Texas

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

Okay, what can we do about adopting out Bob's caches, seeing some of them are getting Needs Maint logs.

I would be interested if any are reasonably close to NE houston / Humble.
Posted Image

#35 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

Gregg, most if not all of his are down San Leon way.  I think ZHR is going to get in contact with Bob's wife and get his password.

TXGA SETX Representative

#36 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

julee has already offered in conversation with me to adopt his caches since they're mostly in seabrook and a few around clear lake.  I know she started replacing/maintaining a few of the caches back in august and has them on a watch list for that purpose. 

looked over his caches.  most seem like they just need a owner maintenance log to clear the NM posts. 

Edited by green-eyed, 19 September 2014 - 07:29 AM.

• Baytown Bert and GASTX like this
the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users