29 replies to this topic

#1 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

I am surprised no geocacher has noticed them. Gives new meaning to the archived puzzle cache called High Five.

10612838_10153237869192814_7063915133658

Edited by SockPuppet, 19 August 2014 - 03:31 PM.

• Team Troglodyte and Jhawk! like this
Posted Image

#2 ~windknot~

~windknot~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMissouri City

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

I found a few caches there in the park several months ago but I guess it wasn't "growing season".  I know if I would have seen them I would GTFO ASAP.  They look well tended and they're probably checked on regularly.

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=d30725e

#3 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

I found a few caches there in the park several months ago but I guess it wasn't "growing season".  I know if I would have seen them I would GTFO ASAP.  They look well tended and they're probably checked on regularly.

There was a camp near the fields and two guys were flushed out when it was being investigated.

Posted Image

#4 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

And nobody shared coords....

• Baytown Bert and GASTX like this
Posted Image

#5 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

I would have just thought it was a lot of Poison Ivy...

Posted Image

#6 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

I stumbled into a field of it in Shadow Creek Ranch nature park.  Right after I stumbled into a natural bee hive in a tree, I ran and came up a hill and didn't realize (glasses were off) I was in a field of weed until I saw a pile of buckets of Miracle Grow.  And man, that stuff apparently worked well.  Nice, cultivated rows.  Perfect rows.  Long rows.  1/3 new, 1/3 was about 4' - 5' high, and 1/3 was huge -- ready for harvest.  My instant reaction was wow -- cool.  Then OH $#!T!!!! I checked my surroundings, then looked for video / game cameras, then trip wires, and GTFO ASAP.   

Posted Image

#7 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

My log on a cache I found in Washington last year.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#8 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

I was looking for a cache over there last year... bushwhacked my way on one side of Groeske (sp?) Road from the parking area in Cullen Park over by the soccer fields. I ran into two "campers" out there in the middle of nowhere. Chatted with them for a few minutes because I had no choice really and then beat a hasty retreat. I was looking for the cache I was trying to find back then but can't find it. As I recall I ended up going to the other side of the road and heading for the bike trail and a "Walk in the Park" series. Didn't notice any pot plants back there at the time though it doesn't surprise me.

img.aspx?txt=The+Chuck+Norris+of+Caching

#9 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

My log on a cache I found in Washington last year.

We can only hope that the poison ivy nearby added some extra chemicals to the pot plants.  

Doctor:  "How did you get poison ivy rash on your lips?"

Patient:  "Can I have my lollipop, now?  I'm hungry."

:2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:

• CANINE QUEEN and Jhawk! like this
Posted Image

#10 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationHumble, Texas

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

I was looking for a cache over there last year... bushwhacked my way on one side of Groeske (sp?) Road from the parking area in Cullen Park over by the soccer fields. I ran into two "campers" out there in the middle of nowhere. Chatted with them for a few minutes because I had no choice really and then beat a hasty retreat. I was looking for the cache I was trying to find back then but can't find it. As I recall I ended up going to the other side of the road and heading for the bike trail and a "Walk in the Park" series. Didn't notice any pot plants back there at the time though it doesn't surprise me.

Wrong type of "bud" jhawk! Lol
  • Jhawk! likes this
Posted Image

#11 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Wrong type of "bud" jhawk! Lol

LOL You got that right. I gave that up a loooong time ago. Only made me hungry and I don't need any help with THAT. :cheers:

• GASTX likes this

#12 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

Cullinan and Cullen are different parks. 

Posted Image

#13 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

Huh? Never heard of Cullinan. On my handy dandy google maps it says "Cullen Park", which was where I was. Soccer fields off Saums Rd and Barker Cypress. Floods like a mofo when it rains. Picture attached for your viewing pleasure.

cullenpark_zpseb2eef9a.gif

#14 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

Map

Attached Files

Posted Image

#15 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

Oohhh... YOU'RE saying you were in Cullinen Park. :uglystupid2: My light bulb finally went off.

#16 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

Oohhh... YOU'RE saying you were in Cullinen Park. :uglystupid2: My light bulb finally went off.

Yes. This is a very primitive park.

Posted Image

#17 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

Heard on the radio this morning it was raided yesterday by the Fort Bend Sheriff's office!  Must have some geocaching sheriffs!

• Jhawk! likes this

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#18 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

Heard on the radio this morning it was raided yesterday by the Fort Bend Sheriff's office!  Must have some geocaching sheriffs!

Or a tip from a geocacher! We should all be paid informants. LOL

• CANINE QUEEN likes this

#19 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,325 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

Huh? Never heard of Cullinan. On my handy dandy google maps it says "Cullen Park", which was where I was. Soccer fields off Saums Rd and Barker Cypress. Floods like a mofo when it rains. Picture attached for your viewing pleasure.

cullenpark_zpseb2eef9a.gif

Jhawk! - Just fyi.. Cullen is a popular pickle park. Georeyna can tell you all about it...
  • Jhawk! likes this

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#20 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

Dare I ask what that means? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users