Photo

Geocacher-of-the-Month... we've got a nominee again!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hi Guys,

For those who don't follow the Groundspeak Blog (or have just missed/ignored/deleted it), we've got another HGCS-member that has been nominated for the honors of Geocacher-of-the-Month!

This time it's Jerry Jones, who's also known as .Jpeg (or is that: better known as  :uglystupid2: ). I feel honored that his nomination made it through and consider it an honor that the Houston area (which I'm now a part of) managed to get noticed again.

Aren't there other cachers who deserve it more, you ask? Well, Jerry certainly thought so! He was humbled by the words I used in my nomination but gladly accepted the nomination.

I certainly could name other cachers in the Houston area that also deserve a nomination, and I'll leave it up to others to nominate them (although, on second thought... I might try again!), but my shout goes out to Jerry for the great guy he is!

So HGCS, let's make sure 'we' he wins it this time by voting and rallying others to vote!you

Below you'll find the link in which .Jpeg is nominated and as soon as I know how we can vote for him I'll post it here (I've just put in a suggestion at Groundspeak to create a 'poll'-style voting system, to make things easier)

Thanks & happy caching!

Hans. 

http://blog.geocachi...f-the-month-2/ 

Edited by Dhaulaghiri, 13 July 2014 - 08:37 AM.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#2 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

All he has to do to win is REALLY LIKE TO GEOCACHE!  :2funny:   That clinched it for the Canadian and 700 people voting for her.

TXGA SETX Representative

#3 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

All he has to do to win is REALLY LIKE TO GEOCACHE!  :2funny:   That clinched it for the Canadian and 700 people voting for her.

Really, Bert, did she have 700 votes? That's crazy!

I mailed Groundspeak to see how they're going about the voting and if they're willing to create some clarity in the voting process.... we'll see.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#4 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Every geocacher in Canada voted for her it appears.  I don't know the actual number, but a whole lot more people voted for her than me.  If .JPEG wants to win, he's got to rally all the votes he can.

TXGA SETX Representative

#5 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

How about it folks?  Are we casting a vote of one of our own? :smitten:

• Dhaulaghiri likes this

TXGA SETX Representative