Photo

Where Do You Get the Best Deal on a Honda?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

I don't know whether this should go here or in Buy & Sell but I chose here.

In the next few months I'll be in the market for a new Honda CR-V.  Anybody know which dealer from Galveston to 40 miles from downtown is likely to have the best deal?

#2 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

I played Spring Branch Honda (formerly Goodson) off of John Eagle... ended up getting a couple thousand less from Spring Branch but John Eagle has a better maintenance plan, should you choose to pay for that... I didn't. I also made them take off the delivery charge and all the other misc crap they try to charge you for (like $$ for the anti-stain stuff they put on the upholstery in the car, etc etc). Good luck!

img.aspx?txt=The+Chuck+Norris+of+Caching

#3 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

Go through a credit union or to the fleet department and negotiate on what you want from the invoice price down, rather than the sticker.  Do research ahead of time and learn how much a dealer actually gets off of an invoice price transactions.  Some vehicles are fare more than others.  Generally, Hondas have a narrow spread depending upon model.

Posted Image

#4 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Might be worth a CostCo membership as you can buy one through them. Here's a link to design your Honda and then get a price quote from Honda.

http://automobiles.h...&ModelYear=2014

Posted Image

#5 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Go through the Internet manager online, THOT.  You can bypass all the hoopla and get the best deal.  Everything is visible on each dealer's site.

TXGA SETX Representative

#6 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Internet manager?

#7 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

They have a person who manages Internet sales.  You can pull up the OEM spec sheet and standardized pricing.  It is the same for every dealership.  Pick out one you like and ask for a quote.  Compare them dealership to dealership.  All of these vehicles are grouped in packages, so it is easy to get a comparison.  For Jeep Wranglers, hardly any dealership can match River Oaks.  I've bought two Jeeps there.

• heftydude likes this

TXGA SETX Representative

#8 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

They have a person who manages Internet sales.  You can pull up the OEM spec sheet and standardized pricing.  It is the same for every dealership.  Pick out one you like and ask for a quote.  Compare them dealership to dealership.  All of these vehicles are grouped in packages, so it is easy to get a comparison.  For Jeep Wranglers, hardly any dealership can match River Oaks.  I've bought two Jeeps there.

When I bought our daughter Toyota we went with an internet manager. They called us with a price over the phone. We test drove the car and completed our purchase in 45 minutes total but we paid cash. Bert - Did you get to meet Georgia Provost?

Posted Image

#9 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

When I bought our daughter Toyota we went with an internet manager. They called us with a price over the phone. We test drove the car and completed our purchase in 45 minutes total but we paid cash. Bert - Did you get to meet Georgia Provost?

Does their phone manger contact you by internet?

• Dhaulaghiri likes this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#10 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

@sockpuppet:  No, I do not believe I did.

@HCNope.  By phone, but then they can email you also.

TXGA SETX Representative

#11 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Maybe the phone is voice over internet...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users