16 replies to this topic

#1 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

I know a lot of folks are unhappy about their stats not matching up with finds on GC.com

I'm still working on the assumption that GS will resolve it with a new type and count em. But, if this is one of those things you really hate, I believe there is a way to get rid of the Lab Caches you've logged.

Groundspeak is now allowing Lab Cache logs to be deleted by doing the following:

Go to: labs.geocaching.com

There is an innocent looking down arrow on the upper right of the screen. Click on it.

Click on "View Your Logs"

Your logs will appear with a trash can icon on the right side. Click and away they go......It is however un-reversible....So be sure this is what you want to do!

• TexasWriter, Dhaulaghiri and Jhawk! like this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#2 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Great info, Kenny. I was looking ahead and deleted them before I ever found them. :-)

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#3 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

I deleted the one I found (well, I found two but forgot the code of the second one - doh)... I gotta have my numbers match, it was giving me a nervous tick.

img.aspx?txt=The+Chuck+Norris+of+Caching

#4 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Are you talking GSAK stats?  If so, just add your lab caches to GSAK.  I uploaded the lab cache PQ they had for Bastrop and then copied one for one of the freebie ones they had and all is well with mine matching.

Or are they not matching up somehow else I'm not seeing?

Posted Image

#5 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

I put mine in GSAK to make those stats match.  However, my GC.com future milestones will now be different from my GSAK milestones (labs caches somehow don't "count" towards milestones)... until they fix it.... if they ever do.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#6 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

They said they were going to integrate it.  So it will eventually. 

Posted Image

#7 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

maybe.

• green-eyed likes this
Posted Image

#8 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

I'm in the court of adding to my GSAK too, but HC is right, it won't match up on the official stats making it hard to identify your smiley's. I don't expect anything official on the great Lab Cache experiment until all the MEGA Events complete this year at the earliest.

For my part, I embrace asymmetry so the matching found count thing doesn't bother me personally. Besides, I earned those smiley's, and in earning them I visited some really cool places, and I'll be damned if I'm givin' em up now. ;)

• JustKeely, Kirbydox, cachestacker and 1 other like this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#9 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

Besides, I earned those smiley's, and in earning them I visited some really cool places, and I'll be damned if I'm givin' em up now. ;)

Ditto.  If you have your GSAK stats up, nobody looks at the GC stats anyway.  Eventually it will mesh.

Posted Image

#10 DangerKitties

DangerKitties

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

I don't have my stats with GSAK. I tried to use it once and got confused very quickly and gave up.. Maybe I'll try again one day...

#11 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

It's worth hooking up with someone who knows how to use it (or going to an awesome BFF class).  It makes life so easy.  I hated it at first.  But over time learned to use a lot of features, and know I'm probably using all of 10% of what it can do.

Posted Image

#12 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

I don't have my stats with GSAK. I tried to use it once and got confused very quickly and gave up.. Maybe I'll try again one day...

I felt the same way when I started using it but now I love it. I used these links to help me set it up and understand it. Once you get the hang of it you can download macros for the Delorme challenge, your stats (what you see on many people's profile pages at GC.com, and the badges).  Let me know if you want to try again and have questions, I can try to help. I'm no expert but I've gotten proficient enough. I even used it to find the double-finds I had that were making my stats not match up (example: "You have 729 finds out of 720 unique caches"... or something like that"... that was making me crazy). You do have to go in and manually edit your FTF's by clicking a box but I think there's even a way to set that up so that if you put #FTF in your log note, GSAK will pick it up and do it for you. I've just been too lazy to figure it out and I don't get that many FTFs anyway. I bet TW knows how to do it. LOL

http://www.nefga.net...ile/GSAK101.pdf

http://www.gsak.net/v80/hs1070.htm#1

#13 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

You do have to go in and manually edit your FTF's by clicking a box but I think there's even a way to set that up so that if you put #FTF in your log note, GSAK will pick it up and do it for you. I've just been too lazy to figure it out and I don't get that many FTFs anyway. I bet TW knows how to do it. LOL

There's an FTF tracking function in GSAK?! ;)

Since I throw up a quick field log on the spot for FTF's, when I get home I just edit my log(s) and then via a pocket query I pull in all new caches that published in my notification areas (I like to keep my database up to date on a daily basis). Then I just sort on the "Found by me" column in GSAK so that my most recent finds are at the top. Then I can just scan down the list and click the box in the FTF column for the applicable ones. Of course, this requires that you have those particular columns "turned on" (View > Add/Remove Columns)...

• Jhawk! likes this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#14 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationHumble, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

You do have to go in and manually edit your FTF's by clicking a box but I think there's even a way to set that up so that if you put #FTF in your log note, GSAK will pick it up and do it for you. I've just been too lazy to figure it out and I don't get that many FTFs anyway. I bet TW knows how to do it. LOL

There's an FTF tracking function in GSAK?! ;)

Since I throw up a quick field log on the spot for FTF's, when I get home I just edit my log(s) and then via a pocket query I pull in all new caches that published in my notification areas (I like to keep my database up to date on a daily basis). Then I just sort on the "Found by me" column in GSAK so that my most recent finds are at the top. Then I can just scan down the list and click the box in the FTF column for the applicable ones. Of course, this requires that you have those particular columns "turned on" (View > Add/Remove Columns)...

You have a need for an FTF function????? Lol
Posted Image

#15 Jhawk!

Jhawk!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

That reminds me... is it in poor form to click the FTF box if you are co-FTF?

#16 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationHumble, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

IMO no
  • Jhawk! likes this
Posted Image

#17 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

Nope. Done it several times, even when I was the one that actually found the cache first I am always cool with co-FTF-ing.

Groundspeak doesn't even recognize FTF's, so the only way to show off with them is by using GSAK (or a similar tool) and checking the boxes.... I highly doubt anyone will ever question a FTF you put up on your stats page.... I've accidentally had that happen once, I clicked the button for FTF on a cache I found 3 years after it had been placed.... nobody noticed but me (my FTF numbers changed, and I thought that strange since I hadn't done a FTF in a while)!

• Jhawk! likes this

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users