• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amberita13

amberita13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

So this weekend I was out with my muggle friend to the Hill Country for a 10K race &...a lot of experiences on a whim.

I had to at least get my one cache of the day, but it seemed every where we traveled there was a lot of "Monkey" caches.

Are Austin-ites crazy Monkey Cachers? Or am I just coincidentally judging?  :angel:

On Saturday we spent 2 hours kayaking on the Colorado river, where I learned:

• I should be very thankful for the caches along Houston-area waterways, none near 2 frequently-rented kayak-locations on that river were caches that were kayak-only. Every cache meant getting off your kayak & all caches could be technically walked to...
  • I should be thankful for a SERIES along our waterways. There were a total of 4 in a approx 3-5 mile length, & 2 were climbing caches...where one I disembarked my kayak, but then quickly did not want to see a fall on rocks below anytime soon...so I did not attempt further..

So really, I'm sharing this story because I want to Thank You, Waterway Geocache Makers!

Since I was with a friend, who it was her first time kayaking & is intrigued by geocaching, finding a cache every 0.1 would really be fun for her...but luckily she was just as happy watching dogs swim for their tennis balls  :D

For those who want an "achievable" climb, check out Cheeky Monkey,(although I didn't find it, see picture for example).

(In my defense, I was winding down my caching results to something large enough for my TB's too...)

• cachestacker and Jhawk! like this

img.aspx?txt=Scoot+in+Cache+out!&uid=c71

#2 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Hi,

How cool to see you were in Austin this weekend too!

We stayed on dry land (mostly, LOL) and did a Monkey cache too (I just can't resist climbing them!), picked up a ton of Virtuals in the Downtown Austin area, and as a cherry on the cake we managed to find the Necropolis of Brittannia Manor III, arguably the coolest cache ever.

(Although I have to admit, my brother just sent me a message saying he found a cache with coordinates: N 50 00.000 E 005 00.000, which is also pretty cool!)

• green-eyed likes this

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users