4 replies to this topic

#1 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

I am reading some past logs on a multi I am thinking about doing at Garner State park next weekend and noticed a couple of cachers put that they only found the first one and LOGGED A FIND!! Seriously, do they NOT know what a multi is? Is plainly states that it is a 3-stage multi..... grrrr

#2 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Everyone plays their own way.  One of my WTC caches that requires 5 different cache types in 5 different counties was claimed by someone with 35 or so finds (in Harris and Galveston counties). 

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#3 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Someone recently logged my Reliant Center multi as found with the comment "Found the first stage".  He also posted a blatant spoiler picture of stage one.  He emailed me to verify the final coords, but commented that they were in George Bush Park.  He had the correct coords, but the final in NOT in GBP, it is only a couple of blocks from Reliant.  I asked him to only log a find once he signed the log at the final and to remove his spoiler picture.  He said OK, but didn't do it, so after 24 hours I deleted his log.

Harsh?  Maybe so, but I didn't want the spoiler picture out there.  I mean, ...seriously???

ZHR, I've had a few newbies log a couple of my challenge caches without even coming close to qualifying.  I figure they're using the phone app, don't read the cache page, found a log and signed it.... badda boom, badda bing!  I emailed them to explain how it worked and most of the time they changed their log to a note.  The ones that didn't --- DELETE!

Edited by HoustonControl, 28 March 2014 - 06:40 PM.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#4 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

ZHR, I've had a few newbies log a couple of my challenge caches without even coming close to qualifying.  I figure they're using the phone app, don't read the cache page, found a log and signed it.... badda boom, badda bing!  I emailed them to explain how it worked and most of the time they changed their log to a note.  The ones that didn't --- DELETE!

Exactly.  Ditto Galveston - especially over spring break.  Some very receptive and appreciative.  Some deleted.

Posted Image

#5 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

Everyone plays their own way.  One of my WTC caches that requires 5 different cache types in 5 different counties was claimed by someone with 35 or so finds (in Harris and Galveston counties).

DELETE I say, DELETE!!!! *shaking angry fist at sky*

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users