#21 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

~~I have been out of the loop (TXGA-wise) for a few months~~

TXGA's primary focus should be education.

1.) to keep 501( c )( 3 ) status, Not sure if it is official yet. Last I heard (see above) was that it was "in the works" which is has been "in the works" for a couple of years.

2.) to make sure we continue to have places to hide caches in Texas (educating the popo), TXGA has an awesome educational director. Need to have a popo liaison, I believe

3.) to be ethical stewards of the sport ( educating cachers so the popo and the like don't be hate'n)

The events are just TXGA's way of giving back to the membership for allowing TXGA to be their voice.

Case in point... Cemetery issue could have been avoided this past weekend if a rep. or other TXGA official went in early and educated the city on what Geocaching is and what the TXC is all about. I know that Tom Brotherman spoke incessantly with the City muckity mucks and such. He delayed his "official" announcement of the location until he had all paperwork signed sealed and delivered.

The fence being torn down, destruction/defacing of game caches, etc, good have been avoided if (NTX folks were beat with the ethical stick) cachers had some education in the form of Leave No Trace, Tread Lightly, etc... I agree but some people have no couth

All that big sky thinking is great and I would love to see it some day but state laws differ from state to state. Groundspeak is a business and it would be in their interest to advocate at the federal level. Actually they should be spending their money on that instead of Lab Caches, Waymarking, or WhereIGo... 

#22 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Good luck to you Jason M and Bert. I mean that.

I look forward to seeing the TXGA platform and tactics. I PLEDGE my membership and my service to YOU TWO for 2014-2015.

However, I think TXGA must be realistic, without serious funding, and full-time staff.

As an aside:

I am sorry you think my approach is big sky thinking. I see it as realistic and a means to "getting it done". A proven model used successfully hundreds of times by hundreds of of our country's most successful organizations. You're not re-inventing a model, you're adopting one ready-made. I say to you, think bigger. Recruit carefully. Build it to last. Focus on problems, process, and opportunities rather than personalities. Funding Funding Funding. It's worked for me multiple times in business, I'm just not sure I have the energy to drive it again...

• FamilieRyan and Baytown Bert like this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#23 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

I just want to start a grass fire of geocaching instructors.  That's how the S. Koreans got a foothold in American marital arts, which was dominated by Japanese stylists.  Through organization and a definite plan, they dispatched trained instructors which spread Taekwondo all across the US and the world until it became a household word and an Olympic sport.

Edited by Baytown Bert, 27 March 2014 - 04:51 PM.

• KeyResults likes this

TXGA SETX Representative

#24 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Kenny, you are a good man and I look up to you.  LOL  No, seriously; I do. 

TXGA SETX Representative

#25 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Im with you on anything you do bert. All you have to do is say the word and ill tcob
  • Baytown Bert likes this

#26 Cache Control

Cache Control

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hope this site does not become the NEW TXGA SITE since it gets alot more traffic than there site and is so much more informative and helpful to the Game.

#27 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Hope this site does not become the NEW TXGA SITE since it gets alot more traffic than there site and is so much more informative and helpful to the Game.

I hate to tell you but the new vice president of TXGA also owns and runs HGCS...
  • cachestacker, Baytown Bert and TexasWriter like this

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#28 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

and pays for it out of his own pocket with no advertising.  :angel:

Edited by Baytown Bert, 27 March 2014 - 05:51 PM.

• cachestacker likes this

TXGA SETX Representative

#29 Cache Control

Cache Control

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

I know that.   Just hate TXGA and love this site.  This site has done way more than TXGA has ever done for me in this game.

#30 Cache Control

Cache Control

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Just hope the owner of this site don't ding me for things concerning TXGA.

Edited by Cache Control, 27 March 2014 - 06:03 PM.

• cachestacker likes this

#31 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Nah, he'll ding ya just to ding ya. :)

• Cache Control likes this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users