31 replies to this topic

#21 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

I have to agree with TheNorman.  After looking at the satellite view map now it appears there is nothing wrong with this for now.  It may be worthwhile to see who the 'chief' equivalent is at that office and try to schedule a call with him or her and discuss it.  I'm sure it could be worked out.  And a discussion could be had between him/her and the 'security' people.

And if they are mean about it and ask who you are, just say TexasWriter or Mustard Devil or something.

• Mr Muddy Buddy, Kirbydox and TexasWriter like this
Posted Image

#22 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

I would go with HoustonControl or Baytown Beet. Large has a mobile home so he can run and hide if needed. :2funny:

Posted Image

#23 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,329 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

I would go with HoustonControl or Baytown Beet. Large has a mobile home so he can run and hide if needed. :2funny:

It's official. Anytime Larry and Bert cache together they have to sign the log as "Team Large Beet".

• Kirbydox, cachestacker, KeyResults and 4 others like this

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#24 Mustard Devil

Mustard Devil

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

I have to agree with TheNorman.  After looking at the satellite view map now it appears there is nothing wrong with this for now.  It may be worthwhile to see who the 'chief' equivalent is at that office and try to schedule a call with him or her and discuss it.  I'm sure it could be worked out.  And a discussion could be had between him/her and the 'security' people.

And if they are mean about it and ask who you are, just say TexasWriter or Mustard Devil or something.

Thats right...blame me >:D

#25 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

Telling them you're Mustard Devil I can understand. But me? What did I do to get on that list? :)

• Dhaulaghiri, green-eyed and JuleeD like this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#26 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

So, HoustonControl is living large, and Bert is now a vegetable. Geez, I've been out of the loop for a couple days, and look at all the stuff I missed!

• georeyna, Dhaulaghiri and amberita13 like this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#27 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

Dang right I'm a veggie. I don't like the cold weather, but then again, I have a carpenter at my house. Gimme sunshine and heat!

TXGA SETX Representative

#28 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Okay.  The issue has been resolved.

GCHJYF Near the Dead has been moved 430' to the nearby cemetery, thus retaining the meaning for the cache name.

New coords are:   N 29 32.186 W 095 48.392

• ATMA, cachestacker, Baytown Bert and 4 others like this
Posted Image

#29 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Good choice!  You could wait it out, but all you need is one of the Barney Fife's to go off on a cacher, esp if they just yell and do not listen or question the cacher involved.  Not worth getting into a fighting match over.  Good job!  O0

• KeyResults likes this

#30 One of the Texas Vikings

One of the Texas Vikings

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationHumble

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Face it, when a cop is tailgating you on the freeway, no matter how fast you're going, most will move over ASAP. When an agitated officer tells you to scram, most sober people oblige with little push back. Most of us cannot afford to miss after school pick-ups, or other work / personal commitments trying to offer some officer education that leads to a few hours in the penalty box  or the hoosegow! You may have been right, but that's small consolation for most, I suspect.

It's easy to say "go educate them" but IMHO this is bigger than asking a property owner if we can hide a log on their property. It's too bad we don't have an organization that is setup with expertise to deal with this kind of thing as a large part of their charter. A kind of geoCacher's Rights advocacy group. Maybe someday.

I always pull out my gun, to show them I have a CHL ! ::)

#31 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Best part is I can use it now as a Cemetery Cache!

• Dhaulaghiri likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Cache Control

Cache Control

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

But they have DPS officers there.  At the DPS office.  You know.  With guns.  a/k/a police. 

My DPS driving officer had a gun.  I asked why she felt she needed it.  She said its use depended upon how I drove.

At least you didn't have to go back in and inform the officer they left their piece in your truck after finishing your test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users