Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

How did me hiding one for my wife get into Mustard Devil hiding one? 

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Cache Control

Cache Control

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

I didn't get one, though I'm a premium member.  I checked my SPAM bucket just to be sure.  Not sure if they're taking time to roll it out.  That said, Log Dawgs posted the link in the Shout Box.  Here it is http://www.geocachin...eartgeocaching/  I created mine for my wife.  Now she'll have to create an account and find her Valentines day gift.  Sneaky way to get her to create an account.

$5 Says there will be at least 5 proposals made with this iheartgeocaching lab cache.

So you're saying the finder can be a non-premium member?

According to a groundspeak person answering questions on a discussion board on gc.com ONLY the hider/creator of the lab cache has to be a premium member but anyone can find it.

My understanding (based on what Bryan said on a GeoGearHeads podcast) is that the finder must have an account - doesn't need to be premium, but they need to have one.

I tried to make one for lilspitfire and my wifes account and would not work.  Didn;t see a need for them to be premium members.

#24 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I didn't get one, though I'm a premium member.  I checked my SPAM bucket just to be sure.  Not sure if they're taking time to roll it out.  That said, Log Dawgs posted the link in the Shout Box.  Here it is http://www.geocachin...eartgeocaching/  I created mine for my wife.  Now she'll have to create an account and find her Valentines day gift.  Sneaky way to get her to create an account.

$5 Says there will be at least 5 proposals made with this iheartgeocaching lab cache.

So you're saying the finder can be a non-premium member?

According to a groundspeak person answering questions on a discussion board on gc.com ONLY the hider/creator of the lab cache has to be a premium member but anyone can find it.

My understanding (based on what Bryan said on a GeoGearHeads podcast) is that the finder must have an account - doesn't need to be premium, but they need to have one.

I tried to make one for lilspitfire and my wifes account and would not work.  Didn;t see a need for them to be premium members.

The creator of this lab cache must be a premium member.  When you make it you will get a Tiny URL. The targeting of the recipients is up to you (i.e. you can e-mail out the URL to as many people as you want), but for the recipient to log it, they have to have an account.  It doesn't have to be premium for the logger.

• Cache Control likes this

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users