7 replies to this topic

#1 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:00 AM

This person with 5 finds said in a Choo Choo (nano behind a sign) log that someone took the container and left the log.  When I went to his profile to send him a message asking where they put the log that he could find it.  I discovered he had never visited GC.com.

How do you create and account and log finds without ever visiting the website?

http://www.geocachin...ca-ae94e582516d

PS  If anybody's in ==>the neighborhood in the next week or so please check on the cache and see what the situation is.

#2 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Phone apps.

Posted Image

#3 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

People don't have to go to the actual website once even to join?  It seems strange that logging from a hand computer isn't considered visiting when logging from a desktop computer is.  I've never done it but I think you can log finds from GSAK. Are these seen as visits?

#4 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

thot - I was part of the group who found it last on sunday afternoon and we did not take the container and leave the log.  so unless someone else came behind us and didn't log it, it's there.

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#5 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

This person with 5 finds said in a Choo Choo (nano behind a sign) log that someone took the container and left the log.  When I went to his profile to send him a message asking where they put the log that he could find it.  I discovered he had never visited GC.com.

How do you create and account and log finds without ever visiting the website?

http://www.geocachin...ca-ae94e582516d

PS  If anybody's in ==>the neighborhood in the next week or so please check on the cache and see what the situation is.

I work close to there and will walk down to check if it is still there.

• KeyResults and rozowski5 like this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

thot - I was part of the group who found it last on sunday afternoon and we did not take the container and leave the log.

I never suspected you did.  I doubt anyone who stole the container would log the cache.  Wouldn't that be the definition of Chutzpah ?

#7 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

No one needs to check.  I was unexpectedly downtown today and the newbie cacher was right.  The nano was gone and about 1/3 of the log was left, stuck through a hole in the post holding the sign. I replaced it.

Edited by Thot, 08 January 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#8 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

No one needs to check.  I was unexpectedly downtown today and the newbie cacher was right.  The nano was gone and about 1/3 of the log was left, stuck through a hole in the post holding the sign. I replaced it.

I too was part of the crew that logged it last Sunday and I find it curious indeed that someone would 'steal' the container, but not take the log.....

Well, I guess that's what the world has come to right now  :knuppel2:

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users