#42 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

so does everyone here know everybody?!

pretty much!!  if you haven't met them at an event or out in the field, you'll get to know us here on the forum. 

• Mustard Devil and chringuyen86 like this
the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#43 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,306 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

I have no idea who all these people are...

• Mustard Devil, Huff-Suter and chringuyen86 like this

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#44 chringuyen86

chringuyen86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCypress, Texas

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

hah @team four paw!!! I must go to the events and meet everyone! Everyone on here seem really nice and friendly!!!

#45 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Some of us live farther away, and we don't make it to many events, so you might only get to know us through posts (However, we have made it to a few events on the north side).  My wife and I geocache under her name (Tealcat) and we live further north in Huntsville.

Welcome to the game--my kids (the Normettes) say that I am obsessed, but I know it is just a hobby. :angel:  :laugh:

#46 Mustard Devil

Mustard Devil

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

hah @team four paw!!! I must go to the events and meet everyone! Everyone on here seem really nice and friendly!!!

We are untill the meds get weak :)
  • Dhaulaghiri likes this

#47 chringuyen86

chringuyen86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCypress, Texas

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

😄 thanks everyone!!!

#48 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

I've yet to meet a geocacher that I didn't like.  Everyone will jump through hoops to help you.

• chringuyen86 likes this

TXGA SETX Representative

#49 chringuyen86

chringuyen86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCypress, Texas

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

Ok now...im pretty sure im not suppose to post this here but...does anyone know of easy cache to do so i can take my son out to cache for his birthday?

#50 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Put in your zip code in the GC.com box and pick on close by with a 1 difficulty level and 1 terrain level.

TXGA SETX Representative

#51 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Ok now...im pretty sure im not suppose to post this here but...does anyone know of easy cache to do so i can take my son out to cache for his birthday?

This one is inside the 610 loop in Bellaire. It is a two step multicache that I know he would really enjoy. It is also in a nature center that is free for him to explore and there is a staff of people in the house with things to look at there too.

http://www.geocachin...3854_hear-it-is

Posted Image

#52 chringuyen86

chringuyen86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCypress, Texas

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

now does anyone want to joined me in doing this cache?

This one is inside the 610 loop in Bellaire. It is a two step multicache that I know he would really enjoy. It is also in a nature center that is free for him to explore and there is a staff of people in the house with things to look at there too.

http://www.geocachin...3854_hear-it-is

thanks! now does anyone wanna do this with me and my son?

#53 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Let me know when you want to do it. I live nearby. So does jpeg, but it is his cache. So does the R5 clan. And Hans too.

I've done it already so as long as it is still there you are assured a find!
Posted Image

#54 chringuyen86

chringuyen86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCypress, Texas

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Let me know when you want to do it. I live nearby. So does jpeg, but it is his cache. So does the R5 clan. And Hans too.

awesome! my son said he wants to do this!!!

#55 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

I did it in late December and all was fine. It was raining when I was there so I didn't get a chance to go inside.

Posted Image

#56 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

chringuyen86: What many geoladies do is mash-up with one or more other geoladies to go caching. It's safer and more times than not, we are in a position to be compromised by bad guys. I know that is a Debbie Downer, but we go down nature trails and places not frequented by most. A good number of us are Concealed Handgun Permitted and carry a firearm. Just keeping it real and just because a person says they are a geocacher, doesn't mean that you want to go down a lonely trail with them until you know them or they are certified as a good guy by other geocachers.

And then there is the safety aspect of being in the woods by yourself, or your child. There are snakes and slipping/falling hazards and every one of us has marks on our body from falling or getting cut - so traveling with a friend is very smart. Now after saying all that, most of us ignore this and go it alone. LOL
  • cachestacker, Dhaulaghiri, green-eyed and 1 other like this

TXGA SETX Representative

#57 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

After reading Bert's fine print warnings, I'm giving up geocaching. I could hurt out there. :)

Kidding aside, my wife was reading a news article about Terry Hershey Park to me the night before last. Apparently there have been three or four incidents there from a couple of bad guys. They've robbed people at gunpoint (including a person on a bicycle), and their most recent crime (assuming it's the same two guys) involved sexual assault. We were just caching there and have cached there a couple times before.

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#58 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

If I were to tell the truth about injuries (cuts, scratches, chiggers, snakes, ticks, spiders, poked eyes, twisted ankles)in my geocaching 101 classes, not a single person would do it. LOL

TXGA SETX Representative

#59 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

If I were to tell the truth about injuries (cuts, scratches, chiggers, snakes, ticks, spiders, poked eyes, twisted ankles)in my geocaching 101 classes, not a single person would do it. LOL

You're telling the truth....you're just shielding them from the deeper truths at that point. Those deeper truths are on a need-to-know basis, and at that point, they just don't need to know. I say let them feed the addiction so it will grow, and by the time the deeper truths are revealed, those truths won't be deterrents as they are revealed. I definitely have a few stories, but I save those for relatives who think I'm a whack-job so that I can knowingly support their theory...  :)

• Dhaulaghiri, green-eyed and chringuyen86 like this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#60 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Yes caching at night in pursuit of the FTF trophy is not a very smart thing to do.Seriously I had thought about getting a CHL license just to protect myself. Most of the time I never see a sole. I am often concerned about catching my foot on a tree root and falling and impaling myself on a broken tree sapling. My advice it to go in a large group first. Seems like there are fewer and fewer families that cache with kids and there are less and less kid friendly and fun events. If ATMA does the geocaching Olympics that would be a good event to attend. Take your time as you can also burnout after the first 1,000 caches. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users