More info here:    http://jfk50geotrail.com/index.shtml

Posted Image

#2 TX Travelers

TX Travelers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

We have been working on the Birth Place of Texas Tour in Washington Co.  It has been a ton of fun! We would love to do more of these organized geocaching excursions.  Nice job Brenham tourism group! We enjoyed the journey and appreciated the history!  

List here

• TexasWriter likes this

#3 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

I just completed the GeoTour today. I did about 23 the first day and 5 the second day. I stopped at the Creamery for ice cream. I just ran out of daylight and my planing was not the best. Two of the caches are a little off in the coords. BPTX25 and larger of the two caches in Washington State Park. Also BPTX19 has a different owner. Also I think BPTX9,10 is open to interpretation. All in all it is lots of fun and kid friendly. Not a lot of hiking either. The best part was driving up and down the hills amongst the many ranches. I stopped at the Bucee's in Waller three times. I am pretty familiar with Brenham now.

Edited by SockPuppet, 19 February 2014 - 04:37 PM.

• KeyResults likes this
Posted Image

#4 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,686 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

When you get all the letters and numbers filled in on the GeoTour passport, be sure to ROT-13 decrypt the message!

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#5 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

When you get all the letters and numbers filled in on the GeoTour passport, be sure to ROT-13 decrypt the message!

That's how I knew one of my answers BPTX9 was wrong. :).If you what to visit the wineries it would be best to go on the weekends. No Blue Bell Tour until after Feb 24th. 

Edited by SockPuppet, 20 February 2014 - 01:52 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

That;'s how I knew one of my answers BPTX9 was wrong. :).If you what to visit the wineries it would be best to go on the weekends. No Blue Bell Tour until after Feb 24th.

I don't think that the Blue Bell tour can be done on the weekends. 

Posted Image

#7 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

That;'s how I knew one of my answers BPTX9 was wrong. :).If you what to visit the wineries it would be best to go on the weekends. No Blue Bell Tour until after Feb 24th.

I don't think that the Blue Bell tour can be done on the weekends. 

I think I heard that too. So your choice is wine tour or BlueBell Tour unless you go on a Friday.

Posted Image

#8 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

the wine tour was nice.  juleed and I did one of them on our second weekend up there.

• JuleeD likes this
the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#9 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

After all the rain the Geotour is still not a problem to do as you don't spent much away from your car. Also the Wineries will be open this weekend.

Here's a link to all the GeoTours. The BPTX Tour indicates 26 but it is actually 28. I suspect they count BPTX 8,9, and 10 as one cache but it is actually three caches in 2 locations.

http://www.geocachin...ntures/geotours

Edited by SockPuppet, 21 February 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image

#10 michelleepotter

michelleepotter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationKaty, Texas

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

I'm so glad to hear that the Brenham tour is not a lot of hiking. I really want my husband to take me up there for a weekend, and he doesn't love long walks.

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=2a6c0f5

#11 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,686 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

After all the rain the Geotour is still not a problem to do as you don't spent much away from your car. Also the Wineries will be open this weekend.

Here's a link to all the GeoTours. The BPTX Tour indicates 26 but it is actually 28. I suspect they count BPTX 8,9, and 10 as one cache but it is actually three caches in 2 locations.

8, 9, & 10 was a three stage multi with the log at the final stop (a nano at that).  There were codes letters you needed at the first two stops to fill in your passport, though.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#12 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

8, 9, & 10 was a three stage multi with the log at the final stop (a nano at that).  There were codes letters you needed at the first two stops to fill in your passport, though.

I actually remember seeing the final location driving around downtown Brenham before I even did the calculation. I don't remember seeing an address above the door unless it was a different door.

Posted Image

#13 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

the address wasn't on the door.  it was on the sign out front, along with the year it was built, which was part of the clue/description.

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#14 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

the address wasn't on the door.  it was on the sign out front, along with the year it was built, which was part of the clue/description.

I figured out what happened. All is fine. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users