5 replies to this topic

#1 jimjoandcourt

jimjoandcourt

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Totally love this hobby/addiction but...

Work/deployments are  getting in the way and I'm on the fence of whether to call it quits on my caches or archive them and let others place caches in their place.  Looking for thoughts/advice (hence the topic line)...

Bottom line - my caches are suffering, despite Baytown Bob's attempts to keep them running(see previous postings - love that guy). Even now, I'm not home, but somewhere else and won't be back home for months so should I let my originally cool (at least I think so) caches continue in a less than pristine condition or just archive them so others have a shot to place new ones? 

I'd hate to archive them since they've been there for quite a while, but I don't want to prevent those who have a better opportunity to continually partake of this wonderful hobby...

So, what do y'all think?

#2 jimjoandcourt

jimjoandcourt

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hmmm, after reading my post I realized I made it sound like my options were archiving or quitting - which are pretty much the same thing.  What I meant to say was....should I archive or keep trying to limp them along until I can get home to fix them.  That's what I was trying to say.

#3 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Keep them.  I'll get down that way again and bump them back up.

TXGA SETX Representative

#4 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

they're near me, but I haven't found most of yours yet.  being about a mile or so from them, I can help out.

• Baytown Bert likes this
the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#5 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

If you want to continue the game, by posting and reaching out to our community, we will all help when we can.  It's when a CO simply disappears and/or continues to place new caches without maintaining what they already have out there, that we are frustrated and want caches archived.

• Baytown Bert, KeyResults and green-eyed like this
Posted Image

#6 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Two thoughts...

Yes, there are always someone willing to help and look after you caches.   Its a bit out of my normal drive pattern, but I would make a trip to help.  In fact, I am going to make a point to try to get over there soon to at least find them.

Other idea is what I recently did with my Sit N Stroll caches... I archived them and some newbies in the area are steadily filling in the areas where they were.  Sometimes its nice to have some turn over.

In short... don't sweat the small stuff.  :)

-Greg

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users