7 replies to this topic

#1 Cyborg_TEK

Cyborg_TEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hey folks, while it's said to be true that for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.  It's never mentioned of the associated shock waves for each action.  While accepting a promotion which entails relocation, brings ultimate satisfaction in many ways.  It also brings about the equally opposite feelings in as many aspects.  One such ripple is that of geocaching. 

We're relocating to Orlando at the end of the month and between Wildbabe and I, we have a total of 87 caches.  The majority of those are the AKC series in the Woodlands which totals 51 hides.  They have been very low maintenance and only a handful of cachers have completed the series so far.  But with more tolerable temperatures for making the rounds on the bike trail, they've been seeing a bit more activity again.  We are hoping not to have to euthanize the dogs and find them a forever home as they will undoubtedly need someone to drop by to change their papers from time to time. At last pass, the logs seemed to be holding up very well and we already have prepared replacement containers for most of them.

We will wind up nuking most of our caches but if anyone, or group, would like to adopt the AKC series as they need maintenance, we would be more than happy to provide complete descriptions and even photo's of current placements.  We would even go as far as handing over and/or sending them replacement containers for some of those unique hides unless the pups new owner(s) want to use their own creativity to add to it.  

Adoptions don't necessarily need to take place immediately but as time progresses it will become a necessity or they will need to be archived.  Just hit up either one of us either now or later as they need some maintenance.  Any other of our caches are also available.

Edited by Cyborg_TEK, 04 November 2013 - 09:40 PM.

• JuleeD likes this

"Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party."

img.aspx?&uid=4b9d9c59-54d9-4f4d-b418-04

#2 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

I am sorry to hear y'all are moving.  :(  Orlando is very lucky y'all will be joining their caching community! 

The AKC Series is a great bunch of challenging and some very evil caches. Rich & Lola and I have slowly been working our way through the series and only have 17 left to find. If I lived closer to The Woodlands, I would adopt a few puppies in a heartbeat, but it is a little far from Sugar Land for easy maintenance. I hope someone in The Woodlands area steps up and adopts them because this is a quality themed series with some great camoed containers! 

#3 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hey folks, while it's said to be true that for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.  It's never mentioned of the associated shock waves for each action.  While accepting a promotion which entails relocation, brings ultimate satisfaction in many ways.  It also brings about the equally opposite feelings in as many aspects.  One such ripple is that of geocaching. 

We're relocating to Orlando at the end of the month and between Wildbabe and I, we have a total of 87 caches.  The majority of those are the AKC series in the Woodlands which totals 51 hides.  They have been very low maintenance and only a handful of cachers have completed the series so far.  But with more tolerable temperatures for making the rounds on the bike trail, they've been seeing a bit more activity again.  We are hoping not to have to euthanize the dogs and find them a forever home as they will undoubtedly need someone to drop by to change their papers from time to time. At last pass, the logs seemed to be holding up very well and we already have prepared replacement containers for most of them.

We will wind up nuking most of our caches but if anyone, or group, would like to adopt the AKC series as they need maintenance, we would be more than happy to provide complete descriptions and even photo's of current placements.  We would even go as far as handing over and/or sending them replacement containers for some of those unique hides unless the pups new owner(s) want to use their own creativity to add to it.  

Adoptions don't necessarily need to take place immediately but as time progresses it will become a necessity or they will need to be archived.  Just hit up either one of us either now or later as they need some maintenance.  Any other of our caches are also available.

So it's happening, huh?   :disappoint:     Although you are a bit further north than preferred, let me speak with my BFF to see if we feel we can manage the series.     We'll PM you shortly to discuss.

Posted Image

#4 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

I sent you an email yesterday on this as well. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

Seems appropriate that the Dawg should adopt the Dogs.

• TexasWriter likes this
Posted Image

#6 Cyborg_TEK

Cyborg_TEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Thanks guys!  We'll have a bit more info on dates and such soon. Need to run the dogs again and make sure their all in good shape before we sign the papers.  Don't want to dump an ill pup on someone.  Will let everyone know when they're all ready to adopt out. 

@Log Dawgs - Thanks!  Just saw your email as well.   I know it's quite a large series for someone to take on themselves but will be in touch once I know all the pups are in good shape.

I had a feeling we could count on our geocommunity!

"Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party."

#7 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

does that mean that Log Dawgs has committed to take the series?

Posted Image

#8 Cyborg_TEK

Cyborg_TEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

There's been a few who have offered to take some, or even the majority, which is very relieving to know that all the hard work won't go to waste.  I'll be flying back and forth for a couple months and we plan on making another round to make sure they are all in good shape before the final trip.  Putting it out for discussion this early helps to make sure we hopefully find enough people or right person to keep it from going to the dogs (pun intended). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users