• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

When Mrs. Z and I tried the TEXAS caches, we saw  copperheads, that we almost stepped on.  We figured there were a lot more that we didn't see, so we gave up.  Don't know if we will try the smile or not.  We just did the Texas Star near Round Rock this weekend.  We got about 83 Mystery caches in the area.

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#42 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

The winter is better than the summer.  It is a LOT of walking and if it is even a little hot, you can barely carry enough water - OH!  On that thought and this has been proven.  If one of the group runs out of water, it pretty much puts the rest of the troop in a must share predicament.  On one adventure a large group of us did TEXAS and one member was not in the best of shape and drank all of their water 1/3 of the way through.  As the march progressed the temperature began to climb and I gave up 3 bottles of water before the fellow left the trail to return with 2 other cachers on the Noble Road.  By the time we finished, it was over 11 miles and I was literally staggering.  The 3 bottles I gave up would have prevented that - and others gave up water also.  Bottom line is the group is only as strong as the weakest link, something to consider on the 4 cache loop trip too.

Sad part it was in December

Posted Image

#43 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

@R5: get a sitter!
Posted Image

#44 FamilieRyan

FamilieRyan

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationN29 43.150, w095 45.800

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'd be happy to help with the cache placement.  This part of the park is not bad at all, especially in the winter.  There are a few trails, lots of open, high grass fields, and some undergrowth in the woods. It's my favorite part of the park, and I spend a lot of time there.  I was planning on adding some puzzles to the area but I'll hold off until this gets decided.  I think a redo would be fun!

• Baytown Bert likes this

#45 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

A star would be cool in the area.  I understand how the *I have not done the SMILE people feel* because I still have not done *TEXAS*, which I would love to do.  If TEXAS was taken down, i would be sad.  :disappoint:

I guess while the SMILE people are thinking of grouping up, would anyone be interested in hitting TEXAS series in GBP?

#46 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Just talking.  I see we seriously underestimated how many of us haven't done the big smile.

TXGA SETX Representative

#47 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Anyone making an attempt on Smile today (Sunday?) 

Posted Image

#48 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

If you were attempted TEXAS, I would have met ya, TG!!

#49 ~windknot~

~windknot~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMissouri City

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

My office will be moving to the I-10 and Hwy 6 area by the end of the year so I'm going to have new hunting grounds.  I was hoping to hit some of the GBP caches on my half-day Fridays but I gather that the Smile and Texas are best done in one shot each.  I haven't done either so I'd be up for a group expedition if one is organized.

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=d30725e

#50 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Even though I placed the "S" of the TEXAS, I took 3 other trips to get the rest of it done.

My office will be moving to the I-10 and Hwy 6 area by the end of the year so I'm going to have new hunting grounds.  I was hoping to hit some of the GBP caches on my half-day Fridays but I gather that the Smile and Texas are best done in one shot each.  I haven't done either so I'd be up for a group expedition if one is organized.

• FamilieRyan likes this
Posted Image

#51 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

I was thinking of hosting an event called *Meet to do the TE of TEXAS*, then another called, *let us X out Texas, then another called, well not sure what the last one would be called.

I don't want to go all military on Texas...just take our time.  If people want to quit at certain times...they can.  I guess it would be an *AT your own pace* hunt.  I will figure something out.

• KeyResults and green-eyed like this

#52 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

I was thinking of hosting an event called *Meet to do the TE of TEXAS*, then another called, *let us X out Texas, then another called, well not sure what the last one would be called.

I don't want to go all military on Texas...just take our time.  If people want to quit at certain times...they can.  I guess it would be an *AT your own pace* hunt.  I will figure something out.

Next event ... "Don't be a AS ......"

• georeyna and Baytown Bert like this
Posted Image

#53 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationHumble, Texas

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Next event ... "Don't be a AS ......"

only took about 4 hrs for someone to jump on that one. lol
  • Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image

#54 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

OKAY!  It was Kirbydox's idea to archive it...  :angel:

TXGA SETX Representative

#55 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

OKAY!  It was Kirbydox's idea to archive it...  :angel:

Bert, you are not gonna be let off so easily!!  LOL!!!  All is good, my friend, all is good!! 

#56 PappysPosse

PappysPosse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFairview, OK

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

I am one of the COs of the One Hugh Smile series and just learned of this discussion. I was kinda shocked to see/hear what was being "planned".   I saw Kirbydox at the Park & Gab on 11/26 and nothing was said.

??????????????

#57 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Nothing is being planned.

TXGA SETX Representative

0 user(s) are reading this topic