Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

1394118_10201692007735057_601124891_n.jp

Both the HGS and the TXGA are representing here! 

GC4P2MC BB's Geocaching 101 Workshop & Event!

• KeyResults likes this

TXGA SETX Representative

#2 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

big rubber boots needed after the monsoon?

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#3 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

It drains well.

TXGA SETX Representative

#4 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Nurture Nature Festival Thanks - Baytown

Hello all!  I wanted to send out a big THANK YOU for making the Nurture Nature Festival at the Baytown Nature Center such a big success!  We had over 2,500 visitors this year, over twice the previous high attendance number.  I have heard many comments about how much the festival was enjoyed… the stage shows, exhibitors, activities and BEAUTIFUL weather were all a big hit! Our one big glitch this year was parking… normally we park everyone in the big field next to the festival. 

Because of all the rain the week before the festival, we were unable to park there this year without making a muddy mess and having to pull stuck cars out at the end of the day.  We tried to make do with the street parking and shuttles, but there were some issues getting that many people in and out smoothly.  We have been working on a Plan C for next year’s festival in the case of rain… we will most likely park at a neighborhood church (3 minutes away) and shuttle everyone in.  So please make sure you spread that word to anyone you talk to who was caught in the parking congestion.

Speaking of next year, SAVE THE DATE!!  Our 4th Annual Nurture Nature Festival will be held on Saturday, November 1, 2014.  Feel free to go ahead and confirm your participation now so I can get you on our flyer. If you have comments, questions, ideas for next year’s festival, please send them my way.  Tell me what you liked AND what could use some tweaking.  I am looking forward to working with you all again!

Tracey Prothro - Superintendent of Natural Resource Programs  City of Baytown  Eddie V. Gray Wetlands Education & Recreation Center  Baytown Nature Center(281) 420-7101  Office(281) 420-7142  Fax(713) 459-2438  Cell

I've already commited for next year and will create an event for it with a CITO.  We will need much more participation by the TXGA to promote Texas geocaching including handouts, etc.

Edited by Baytown Bert, 13 November 2013 - 02:06 PM.

• cachestacker, green-eyed and GASTX like this

TXGA SETX Representative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users