75 replies to this topic

#61 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Thank you, everyone. I will now stay much closer to home for FTF runs and enjoy more evenings with my wife once again. I may go after extremely interesting/intriguing ones that involve a bit of a drive, but in general I will leave them for others if they aren't within a few miles or so of home. The best part of FTF runs has been running into and/or teaming up with other cachers for the finds, so hopefully I'll be able to continue at least seeing the cachers in my own general area on FTF runs.

I had really never looked back much at my FTF history (I'm more of a forward-looking guy), but since GSAK makes it so easy to review, I skimmed back over the FTF history this morning. I got my first FTF on May 8, 2012 and the following month I really started loving the whole process (apparently) and going after them when they popped in a "reasonable" distance from home. I got my 100th FTF in September 2012, and that's when it started hitting me that it just might be possible to hit 1,000 FTF's in my lifetime. Since I'm a risky bonehead sometimes, I wasn't sure how long my lifetime would be, so that's when the definition of "reasonable" distance began expanding so that I really could realize the goal. I know I spent a lot of time on other cachers' "turf" grabbing FTF's in the wee hours of the night/morning, so thank you all for your understanding and for not shooting at me (I know how many of you carry... :)).

I have to give a special thank you to my lovely bride (CornDoll / Jamie) for her understanding and support of this bonkers goal that I set a little over a year ago. We were able to grab many of the FTF's together....she has around 280 FTF's herself). Jamie has always cheered me on, but since we got married in February of this year, she has been particularly supportive, understanding, and accommodating. She even made a special pathtag for me (see my current avatar), and she placed a special Berty tube tribute cache for me that will probably publish tonight. We will keep a small number of these pathtags in the Berty tube for those who want one. The cache is pretty easy to find and is very accessible just off Grant Road over in our area.

Thank you again. Cache on...

• KeyResults, CornDoll and GASTX like this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#62 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

"I will now stay much closer to home for FTF runs..."  Ha ha!  That's hilarious.  Anyone want to bet he can't stop?

TXGA SETX Representative

#63 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationHumble, Texas

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

"I will now stay much closer to home for FTF runs..."  Ha ha!  That's hilarious.  Anyone want to bet he can't stop?

"Closer to home" is a relative term for TW as Harris, Montgomery, Galveston, Liberty, Brazoria counties are "his" home(s). :2funny:

• TexasWriter likes this
Posted Image

#64 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Well that would be a losing bet, because I stopped immediately last night. I left http://coord.info/GC4T5HZ last night, and it still hadn't been grabbed by 1:00 p.m. today, but I still left it. My leash doesn't go that far anymore.   :)

• Baytown Bert and CornDoll like this

#65 CornDoll

CornDoll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I have to give a special thank you to my lovely bride (CornDoll / Jamie) for her understanding and support of this bonkers goal that I set a little over a year ago. We were able to grab many of the FTF's together....she has around 280 FTF's herself). Jamie has always cheered me on, but since we got married in February of this year, she has been particularly supportive, understanding, and accommodating. She even made a special pathtag for me (see my current avatar), and she placed a special Berty tube tribute cache for me that will probably publish tonight. We will keep a small number of these pathtags in the Berty tube for those who want one. The cache is pretty easy to find and is very accessible just off Grant Road over in our area.

You're welcome my handsome husband. I'm very proud of you for setting and achieving such a hard-earned goal! It wasn't easy, there was definitely times when you were tired, or injured (or both!), but you persevered because you set a target, and you were determined to make it. That means a lot. 

I hope that we will continue to have FTF runs together, cuz it is SO much fun, but it will be nice to have you home more often again.  :smitten:

#66 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Get a room! :D
  • Baytown Bert, 2katz, TexasWriter and 1 other like this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#67 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,944 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

I TOLD you #1000 wouldn't be in Baytown!  Nuff said...

Seriously, congrats on the accomplishment.  That is truly amazing!

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#68 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Yea, yea, yea.  Make a liar out of me.  :cheers:   I think it's an awesome achievement and one that is monumental, with many long nights and travels.  I know I couldn't keep up that pace.

TXGA SETX Representative

#69 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

I hope that we will continue to have FTF runs together, cuz it is SO much fun, but it will be nice to have you home more often again.  :smitten:

Yes, dear, we will have many FTF runs together...in Baytown...and we can get a room there. :D

• CornDoll likes this

#70 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Okay, gawd., let me set some out...  Geeze, y'all are slave drivers!  :2funny:

• TexasWriter and CornDoll like this

TXGA SETX Representative

#71 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

I TOLD you #1000 wouldn't be in Baytown!  Nuff said...

Seriously, congrats on the accomplishment.  That is truly amazing!

Somebody suggested that I set up a new sock puppet cache in Baytown and make sure it was my 1,000th and someone else laughed and thought it was a good idea. I won't mention any names, but I was one of them. Lol

#72 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Baytown is hallowed ground...

TXGA SETX Representative

#73 ~windknot~

~windknot~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMissouri City

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Congrats TexasWriter!  That's a whole lot of FTFs!  

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=d30725e

#74 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Stop by and grab a pathtag if you're so inclined...

http://coord.info/GC4T404

#75 Cache Control

Cache Control

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

Congrats TW. I guess I need to publish my yak series now you slowed down on ftf's.
  • cachestacker and TexasWriter like this

#76 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Congrats TW. I guess I need to publish my yak series now you slowed down on ftf's.

Oh, now yak caches are some of those "special types" of caches I'll still make a run for. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users