7 replies to this topic

#1 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

I always scan the log (both online and paper) to see who I know was there before me.

It's always fun and locally you are sure to know a ton.

I was just looking to see if there were any caches close enough to an Narita airport in Japan to get on a layover.   Wouldn't you know it, but the last person to sign the log (online) was our very own ManOfSteel.

I've also come across Patty's logs in Hawaii and a couple of local cachers names in Denver.  Oh, and lots in Seattle.

So, I ask you this... where and with whom have you crossed logs with in far away places?

Posted Image

#2 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I did a virtual in Dublin Ireland in 2008 and saw that our own Zephyr01 had also found it the previous year.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#3 Mustard Devil

Mustard Devil

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

I was on R&R in London,  January 2005, looking for a micro under a bench in Hyde Park, found the container, opened the log sheet and what did I see? The last cacher to log that micro was MonkeyBrad, a friend from Nashville!

#4 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

I ran across a log by Rozowski5 in Calgary... I knew they had been there before we got the chance to go out there, but it was still kinda funny to see their name in print on a log  :laugh:

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#5 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,371 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

We've run into logs by Rich and Lola around Chicago and we've run into the Pindroppers in North or South Dakota and also up in the northeast.  

Posted Image

#6 Mr. ZHR

Mr. ZHR

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

We ran into a LatinJeepsters log in Mississippi, a few Mrs. Captain Picard and Footnotes Coach in Illinois.  This summer we saw a lot of Peter & Gloria signatures (we met them at a FTF here in Houston.  They are from Manitoba) when we were on our trip this summer everywhere from South Dakota to Michigan.

This summer we went to a small Event in Sioux Falls, SD.  Last  month we saw the name of one of the people that was there on the Well Rounded Cacher Challenge in Pundt Park.

The really strange one was in March of 2010 when we were at a cache near Pensacola, FL. We ran into Ellisbe in person AT the cache. 

Still trying to figure out  don't like this new forum style.
img.aspx?txt=Zoot!&uid=fb1d81b0-8f1c-4ac;GeocacherLocations.pl?Language=EN&Image=

#7 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

The really strange one was in March of 2010 when we were at a cache near Pensacola, FL. We ran into Ellisbe in person AT the cache. 

wow, that must have been surreal.

Posted Image

#8 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Unrelated to geocaching, we pulled into the Disney world humongous parking lot and the next car which parked next to us was a family from our church in Baytown.  We sat and stared at each other for 10 seconds.  It's a good thing we were with our spouses and not someone else. :blackeye:

Edited by Baytown Bert, 02 October 2013 - 08:07 AM.

• GASTX likes this

TXGA SETX Representative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users