56 replies to this topic

#41 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

now that's a woman who knows her geography.  and technicalities.  and she makes a pretty good navigator most of the time when i'm driving us.  :cheers:

That may be true but does she know what part of Houston the warrior series is located in? >:D

I think I know where that series is.... :)

• green-eyed and JuleeD like this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#42 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hmmmm..... This is getting interesting, maybe I'll make it over too!

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#43 Mustard Devil

Mustard Devil

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Because I know not everyone's event notifications go that far:  There are two unique events happening in Kemah on October 19th.

First, we're going to group hike the Kemah bridge and maybe get a smiley at the top.  Then we will shuffle around Kemah and grab a few caches before we go to the next event. 

Then we'll take over the upper deck of Outriggers to see some truly dedicated cachers.  Come have some great fish tacos (or other stuff), watch the boats go by, and score some new trackable tattoo icons so you can make progress on the Trackable Human Challenge.  We may have some notable inked cachers also show up for this one.  Check the logs!  Could there even be a surprise inked person, too?  A spur of the moment inking decision before the event that nobody but that person knows about?  Come and see!  Bring your trackables to swap.

Clear Lake Alpine Club: Everest Practice Climb 

9:00 a.m.  http://coord.info/GC4M1Q7

INKredible Trackable Tattoo Event

11:00 a.m. at Outriggers, under the Kemah Bridge.

http://coord.info/GC4NPG8

Does anyone have a magnifying glass? It may be needed to see something at these events:)

#44 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

It would be a very good idea to wear bright orange or green vests when you hike up the bridge.

TXGA SETX Representative

#45 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

I know that I will be at the INK event so save a chair and a beer, err I mean, a refreshing drink for me O0 .  Thinking on the climb, a bit afraid of the 18 wheeler trying to climb the bridge with me, or the kid :smiley6600:  texting his gal pal.  LOL!!  ???  :-\

I ride the bridge all the time and traffic isn't really an issue. You should come to the event.

Kevin said I could jump on his back and he will walk me all the way up to the top!  I am gonna go tho, seems like an interesting jaunt!!  Thanks OHL!!

I thought you were going to pull the red rider wagon?!  drats!  I have to walk by myself now??

We can give Kevin a choice!  You or me  LOL!!

I already know who he would pick so I better get to walking!!  I can always tether a rope around Kevin as he is walking up with you on his back!!  LOL!!!!  Wear your pink wig!!  I am just giggling at the image!! LOL!!  :2funny:  :2funny:

#46 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hmmmm..... This is getting interesting, maybe I'll make it over too!

Dhaulaghiri, your geocaching avatar is a picture of you rock climbing.  Of course you need to be there!  You need to see how healthy we American's are!!  LOL!!

• Dhaulaghiri likes this

#47 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

I thought you were going to pull the red rider wagon?!  drats!  I have to walk by myself now??

I already know who he would pick so I better get to walking!!  I can always tether a rope around Kevin as he is walking up with you on his back!!  LOL!!!!  Wear your pink wig!!  I am just giggling at the image!! LOL!!  :2funny:  :2funny:

Does anyone have a magnifying glass? It may be needed to see something at these events:)

MD: If we need a magnifying glass, can't we just borrow the one you lend to your dates? :dig:

i'm laughing silently so hard here at my office from these two, i'm wiping tears from my eyes.  ;D

• Mustard Devil likes this
the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#48 Mustard Devil

Mustard Devil

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

MD: If we need a magnifying glass, can't we just borrow the one you lend to your dates? :dig:

i'm laughing silently so hard here at my office from these two, i'm wiping tears from my eyes.  ;D

No JuleeD you cant have that one...my love life may be long and disgusting with lots of sordid details but that glass is really needed at times >:D

#49 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationHumble, Tx

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Had a ball today at the Alpine event, got some local caches as well and got embarrassed at the "Power to the People" cache (dang good thing it wasnt a snake) great group of folks. 10 mins after arriving at the INKs event I got a call from work notifying me one of my employees had been hurt and was headed to the hospital.

Had to make mad dash to the hospital to check on him and his family. He got a few stitches and a knot on his (hard) head but will be OK.

Thanks for the events!

• Baytown Bert, TexasWriter, Dhaulaghiri and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#50 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Agreed. Great time at a pair of unique events. Weather was perfect for caching and the clear lake area was really fun for us. Thanks so much for a great time! And congrats to the areas newest human trackables!! Awesome !
  • Baytown Bert and green-eyed like this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#51 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yes, fun events. I only wish I hadn't been in so much pain and could think straight. I'm not used to being in pain like that....being a pain maybe, but not being IN pain. :)  Good to see everybody and meet lots of cachers I hadn't met before (OHL Hockey Guy, ClanStan the Power Box Cacher O0 , Skunkonthefog, Drew8, Crossmage, Phoenix Lady, Mr. and Mrs. ATMA, and a few others). And there was even an FTF for the day. Woo hoo. Great day, folks.

• KeyResults likes this

#52 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yes, fun events. I only wish I hadn't been in so much pain and could think straight. I'm not used to being in pain like that....being a pain maybe, but not being IN pain. :)  Good to see everybody and meet lots of cachers I hadn't met before (OHL Hockey Guy, ClanStan the Power Box Cacher O0 , Skunkonthefog, Drew8, Crossmage, Phoenix Lady, Mr. and Mrs. ATMA, and a few others). And there was even an FTF for the day. Woo hoo. Great day, folks.

Oh, so that's what it was..... thought you looked a little distracted! Hope you're OK again!

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#53 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

@ Texas Write, how did you hurt yourself?

@Cachestacker..thanks for the great event.  It was very cool and the restaurant was *DA Bomb*  I wish I could have made the first event buy my new boss has the *whip to our backs* and I usually come home dead tired.  I was preparing to go to the second event while y'all were scaling the mountain!!

@JuleeD..A million thank you's for locating my phone.  When I realized I lost it, which was two caches away, I went back to the restaurant, of course not there, then I went to the ATT store, which was tracking it and alerted me that it was in Galveston by the railroad track.  I was thinking someone from the event picked it up and was caching in Galveston.  That *Find Me* option works great!  Anywho, I ended up getting the latest iPhone because was time.  I still need my old iPhone because I was told I could sell it, eventhough the button on the phone does not work good.

Thanks to all for a fun day yesterday!! 

#54 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Make sure you grab photos off the event pages.  :angel:   Just sayin'...

TXGA SETX Representative

#55 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, like this one.... :D

http://imgcdn.geocac...31ce94061b2.jpg

Edited by TexasWriter, 20 October 2013 - 12:24 PM.

• Dhaulaghiri and GASTX like this

#56 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationHumble, Tx

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, like this one.... :D

http://imgcdn.geocac...31ce94061b2.jpg

Most of us had a Starbucks before the event, this shows evidence of a "Gin and Juice"

• TexasWriter likes this
Posted Image

#57 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Oh... there's one more there that is better than this one...  :angel:

TXGA SETX Representative