53 replies to this topic

#41 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Seems we're getting a lot of caches disabled by PR.... but they're not ones on the list!

I've hunted the LSLF ones that were in my area of town and got those off the list. Now I'm working on ones that were nearing being on the list. One was at 15 months, and the other two were on land that has been completely cleared for development and had many months, DNF's, NA's, etc.

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#42 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

Soon off the list?  Maybe?!!?

Copy Cat Chemical Plant C - GC1JW4P

Rosenberg...Creepy Critters #3 - GC1T60W

The Caddyshack - GCPAVB

Disabled today by PR.

Posted Image

#43 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

good to see the caddyshack on the list.  drives me crazy when i go searching around our side of town and it always pops up.  then i remember it's not there.

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#44 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Soon off the list?  Maybe?!!?

Copy Cat Chemical Plant C - GC1JW4P

Rosenberg...Creepy Critters #3 - GC1T60W

The Caddyshack - GCPAVB

Disabled today by PR.

More than that were disabled by PR.  Some unnamed source sent him a nice long list of caches whit issues and CO's who have been non-responsive.  I think it was about 15.....

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm sure of that.  Those were ones I was watching.  I don't have notifications for disables on. 

Posted Image

#46 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Neither do I but I just looked at my PQ and at least two more I asked PR to do something about were disabled including the multi in Galveston.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

I have both disables and archives turned on, and I can tell you that PR has been cleaning house in a serious way. Very refreshing.

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#48 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

I get notifications on all the LSLF caches, since I have them bookmarked. So far PR has disabled 8 of them in the last 3 days. Brent, I just sent you a PM with a list of some of the bad actors on the list. Maybe you can feed them to PR?
  • TexasWriter likes this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#49 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

ok.... so I pulled up one of the caches PD02 and I went after and DNF'd last Saturday because there were quite a few private property/no trespassing signs post on every side.  realized while reading the logs tonight that someone else has decided to resurrect this particular series and is maintaining it - despite knowing the signs are posted.  looked at the CO info and he/she has been missing since 2010.  what to do with this type of scenario?

Posted Image

#50 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I have both disables and archives turned on, and I can tell you that PR has been cleaning house in a serious way. Very refreshing.

Maybe a good idea to give PR a pat on the back? I've seen a lot of critical posts on PR, and since he is a volunteer I can only imagine the influence that would have on his mood... It's always easy to point out the negative, but we often forget about the positives.

So here goes: Awesome! Good job PR on archiving old unmaintained and disappeared caches, keep up the good work!
  • KeyResults likes this

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#51 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

ok.... so I pulled up one of the caches PD02 and I went after and DNF'd last Saturday because there were quite a few private property/no trespassing signs post on every side.  realized while reading the logs tonight that someone else has decided to resurrect this particular series and is maintaining it - despite knowing the signs are posted.  looked at the CO info and he/she has been missing since 2010.  what to do with this type of scenario?

Send PR a note and let him know the GC code and cache name.  Also let him know its on private property. 

• green-eyed likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

I get notifications on all the LSLF caches, since I have them bookmarked. So far PR has disabled 8 of them in the last 3 days. Brent, I just sent you a PM with a list of some of the bad actors on the list. Maybe you can feed them to PR?

Larry I emailed you my list I emailed PR yesterday.  I will continue to get on him as he will disable them in a short time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Larry I emailed you my list I emailed PR yesterday.  I will continue to get on him as he will disable them in a short time.

Super!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#54 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Send PR a note and let him know the GC code and cache name.  Also let him know its on private property. 

i finally sent PR an email about this particular cache.  it's disabled for owner intervention, which he won't get.  same other cacher has resurrected the rest of the series, but i haven't checked them out to see about private property, etc yet.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users