23 replies to this topic

#21 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I thought of that, but I would rather spread joy to my friends.

As long as you keep it to just joy... :D

On a serious note, hats off to you, Bert, for putting these out into the community. There are a half dozen of them on a recently published letterbox series of 7-soon-to-be-12. I had a rare moment of brain cells actively firing today, and I had the idea to go to a nearby park where there are literally hundreds of people at any given moment. Being one of the bigger soccer parks in Houston (recreational, competitive, and pickup games ALL the time), I'm thinking the garbage cans will have tons of Gatorade bottles/caps. I hate to dig in the garbage, but I love the Berty TubesTM and if that's what it takes to get them in action, then that's just what it takes. If someone asks why I'm digging in the garbage, I'll just tell them I'm looking for a colliecooks geocache. Lol (Anyone who has hunted his caches likely knows what I mean...)

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#22 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Syd's softball is starting up again.  I was going to ask her to have her friends give them theirs.  (And raid the garbage cans).  PowerAde covers more than the Gatorade.  Not sure if makes a difference or not.  But like the black caps better.

Posted Image

#23 ProMed Rick

ProMed Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationOrangefield, TX

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Syd's softball is starting up again.  I was going to ask her to have her friends give them theirs.  (And raid the garbage cans).  PowerAde covers more than the Gatorade.  Not sure if makes a difference or not.  But like the black caps better.

Not to mention that PowerAde has MyCokeRewards points (free swag).

#24 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Saturday, after BB's Block Party Event, I went looking for Gatorade bottle caps and only found six or seven of them at a new subdivision here in Deer Park where they had 15-18 new home under construction.    I walked around the open slabs and at/thru the trash the workers left after their lunch.  There were no workers after four o'clock.  The homes just had the slab poured or with only the 2x4 framing.  I found caps from Gatorade, Powerade, Minute Maid, Bordens pint bottles, Oak Farms pint bottles, Tampico, and a white one gallon orange drink bottle.  In addition, I found an orange, green, yellow, red, white, and blue caps with no name that works on those Berty tubes.

• TexasWriter and rozowski5 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users