#1 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

Since the latest update to GC.com, am I the only one seeing the cache pages with the new box for posting logs?  It looks like this in Firefox (22.0)

05ee2c2d-2162-4191-9dd5-d954d6f9c45c.jpg

This is for a cache I own.  Note that there is no option for Owner Maintenance or Update Coordinates.

In IE10 and Google Chrome, I'm still getting the old style log options, namely:

380757b0-7f7e-4ec8-98d8-af2a5f7e5660.jpg

and...

61de4d6f-805a-4497-8bdc-2b3c191db1cb.jpg

Weird.....

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#2 Great Birds

Great Birds

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

I don't see the new menu you posted.  I opened a few caches in FF 21 which had the normal menu then updated to FF22 with no difference.   Maybe you caught some test  code that is not yet meant for use.

#3 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

Looks like the iPhone app, kinda.  What happens when you click the down-arrow in the log-it box?  On my phone there is a found it button, but all other choices when you drop down the arrow, including owner manit.

That said, I'm not seeing it online, either. 

Posted Image

#4 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,329 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

Do you have any greasemonkey scripts installed in Firefox like the ones from locusprime?

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#5 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

It still looks normal in Safari 5.1.8 on a Mac.  However, the general appearance of www.geocaching.com has changed in this browser.

#6 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Do you have any greasemonkey scripts installed in Firefox like the ones from locusprime?

I have GC Street View 1.0 installed (which doesn't seem to work right now).  As someone on the GC.com forums mentioned, clicking on one of the choices just opens up the old text box with the normal dropdown menu with all the normal options.  Duh...

#7 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

I removed the GS Street View script since it hasn't worked for several months and there seems to be no update coming.  Restarted FF and the cache pages still display the same.  Odd...

#8 Mudfrog

Mudfrog

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationLumberton, Texas

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm pretty sure i was seeing the new cleaner looking boxes yesterday, but when i just now went to look, noticed it was back to the old style. This was on both a cache i own and a cache i haven't found yet. Using IE9 here.

And yes, i saw in the gc.com forums where it was mentioned that the old greasemonkey scripts didn't work with this latest update.

#9 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

I am not seeing the new log box but they sure made a big change to the color scheme on the site. There is also a new layout for the index page.

#10 Cyborg_TEK

Cyborg_TEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

@HC  Street View script is working for me on FireFox (Greasemonkey) and Chrome (Tampermonkey) and it's 1.0   Sounds like you have something setup a bit different.  Still not seeing the new boxes on any of my 4 browsers though.

"Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party."

img.aspx?&uid=4b9d9c59-54d9-4f4d-b418-04

#11 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

It's weird, I was on Facebook and saw where OHL Hockey Guy posted that his parents found a cache in Prague, including a link.  When I clicked on the link and opened the cache page in a new tab (in Firefox), it displayed correctly -- or without the funny new box.  Every other cache I open in Firefox, no matter how I get to it, shows the funky log box.

Must be some Add-on or something I have set up...

#12 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Mine is as always and I'm using Firefox 22.0

TXGA SETX Representative

#13 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Here's a full-page shot of a cache I found last week.  Notice the big smiley face showing me.... that I've already found it.  Jealous???

1276b705-f752-4d8d-bcc6-b13eedfcaaec.jpg

• georeyna likes this

#14 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Dude, you're special.  Just face it.

Posted Image

#15 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Do you get that same look in a browser you don't use much like say Internet Explorer?

I think you got some new code some how that's in your browser cache. I bet if you purge your cache you'd get the default again.

I wish I could think if something witty to say about geocaching caches and Internet browser caches but I'm drawing a blank. So I will stick with CS assertion that you are indeed special (for the moment until everyone gets that new bit o code)
Posted Image

#16 Cyborg_TEK

Cyborg_TEK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hey HC, open a page that has the new box and hit F12, copy and paste to a text doc and send to me...  I want to check the page code..

Edited by Cyborg_TEK, 04 August 2013 - 12:03 AM.

"Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party."

img.aspx?&uid=4b9d9c59-54d9-4f4d-b418-04

#17 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

Do you get that same look in a browser you don't use much like say Internet Explorer?

I think you got some new code some how that's in your browser cache. I bet if you purge your cache you'd get the default again.

I wish I could think if something witty to say about geocaching caches and Internet browser caches but I'm drawing a blank. So I will stick with CS assertion that you are indeed special (for the moment until everyone gets that new bit o code)

Like I said at the top of this thread, it's only in FF.  IE10 and Chrome display the normal box.  I thought by hitting F5 and reloading the page it would lose any cached date, but that didn't work.  I cleared the cache just now and reloaded a cache page and it's still showing the new style box.  I noticed that when I click on a cache listing, it starts to load, then "blinks" as if the page is being redirected and loads again.

#18 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hey HC, open a page that has the new box and hit F12, copy and paste to a text doc and send to me...  I want to check the page code..

Email sent.

#19 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Browser hijacker maybe?

TXGA SETX Representative

#20 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

So I was looking at a cache just now on my Longest Since Last Find. When I click on the quicky GC.com link, ie http://coord.info/GCNTZX, it opens in most browsers as http://www.geocachin....aspx?wp=GCNTZX

In Firefox, it starts to open like that, then gets redirected to http://www.geocachin...SqX7HxKs4LCVA.2

Try clicking on that last link, someone, and see what you get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users