#41 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Today is hump day for me - 10.  This ties my longest streak.

TXGA SETX Representative

#42 OHail

OHail

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Today is hump day for me - 10.  This ties my longest streak.

YEA!  Go, Bert, go!  :D

There is no adventure without risk.

#43 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

I feel like a Prom queen!  :angel:

TXGA SETX Representative

#44 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

I feel like a Prom queen!  :angel:

I'd go with the red wig and pumps, Bert, and maybe add a tiara for the picture...

Go, Bert, you can do it!   O0

• OHail, Baytown Bert, Dhaulaghiri and 1 other like this

#45 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Well, a lot of men my age go that way.  Har har! :uglystupid2:

TXGA SETX Representative

#46 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

12 of 31.  I almost did not make it today, but I thought I would try for a cache after seeing a movie with my daughter, and I found it, during rush hour...YUK!!

#47 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston (Cy-Fair area)

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I have been managing to keep the streak going, thankfully we have a few in our area I had held off for a rainy day, or day light, or whatever so now they are being found.  Next week we will be spending week on the road to Florida and back so hoping to twist my mom's arm along the way... She won't have much of a choice when I am driving  :laugh:

• ohl hockey guy and Baytown Bert like this

#48 Quossum

Quossum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

Day before yesterday we encountered another cacher at the cache. It was neat! I've launched a few more trackables.

#49 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

Day before yesterday we encountered another cacher at the cache. It was neat! I've launched a few more trackables.

Keep up the good work, and if you come to an event you'll meet a Lot more cachers ;)

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#50 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

I must say, this August thing has been cool from a CO perspective too. The series caches have definitely experienced some lift even in the heat of Aug.

Activity must be up all over.
  • Baytown Bert likes this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#51 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

I didn't think I would like it, but I've swapped teams.

• heftydude, Dhaulaghiri and green-eyed like this

TXGA SETX Representative

#52 Hoosier Ranger

Hoosier Ranger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHeritage Grand, Katy, TX

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

I've managed to do it for 14 days, but going out for these 5-10 mile bike rides in this heat every day is getting old.  I've even had to resort to LPCs, which I normally avoid like the plague, but still refuse to climb on playground equipment.  Normally I must sign the log before I take credit, but the other day I injured myself climbing a tree and logged the cache anyway, hoping the CO would take pity on a short guy in his mid-70s.  I promised not to litigate for my injury.  Fortunately, tomorrow is my meals on wheels delivery day so I can drive to a cache without wasting gas (another thing I refuse to do when geocaching).  Good luck to all of you that are accepting this challenge.  It's going to get tougher. [:D]

#53 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'm still 14/14 and except for a few muggles this morning the going has been fairly easy for me.

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

#54 amberita13

amberita13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

I've managed to do it for 14 days, but going out for these 5-10 mile bike rides in this heat every day is getting old.  I've even had to resort to LPCs, which I normally avoid like the plague, but still refuse to climb on playground equipment.  Normally I must sign the log before I take credit, but the other day I injured myself climbing a tree and logged the cache anyway, hoping the CO would take pity on a short guy in his mid-70s.  I promised not to litigate for my injury.  Fortunately, tomorrow is my meals on wheels delivery day so I can drive to a cache without wasting gas (another thing I refuse to do when geocaching).  Good luck to all of you that are accepting this challenge.  It's going to get tougher. [ :D]

What's the name of this tree-climbing excursion? I'm feeling monkey-ish  ;D

(On a less lighter note, I hope some rest & other OTC solutions have brought you some relief & it's not more serious)

img.aspx?txt=Scoot+in+Cache+out!&uid=c71

#55 Quossum

Quossum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

Keep up the good work, and if you come to an event you'll meet a Lot more cachers ;)

We've been to a few a while back, couple of Flying Saucers and a couple down here in the SugarLand area. Now that we have the Rim to Rim to pontificate about, maybe we should look and see what's coming up. :D

--Q

#56 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

21 days complete, 10 to go

#57 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

21 days complete, 10 to go

Likewise!

#58 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'm earning my souvenirs via FTF's. I've been doing cache-a-day for quite awhile now, so I wanted to up the challenge a bit for myself so I could feel the pain right along with everyone else. Lol. It helps that so many caches published in my area while we were on our honeymoon. My general hunting radius was waaaaay too far out before that. I hope everyone is enjoy this fun August challenge. It sure has brought some people (and caches) out of the woodwork.

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#59 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston (Cy-Fair area)

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

It seems the flag series turned out to be something people have enjoyed for this challenge. I enjoy reading the logs and knowing I could help others.  I have to drive a bit further on some but we keep finding them day by day.

• TexasWriter likes this

#60 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

It seems the flag series turned out to be something people have enjoyed for this challenge. I enjoy reading the logs and knowing I could help others.  I have to drive a bit further on some but we keep finding them day by day.

Yep, the flags were perfectly timed, me thinks. I know it was frustrating for you that PR held onto a big chunk of them for three weeks, but it still bore good fruit. I know it was painful for me to see all of them publishing around my home area while I was in Colorado. Lol

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users