15 replies to this topic

#1 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

I am going to try to make as many days of this challenge for the Geocaching month of August as possible particularly paying attention to filling in my August Calendar.  This will be challenging on Travel days, but looking forward to it.

Curious about any others in the Area that will be attempting the streak as well.

Edited by cajunabear, 21 July 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Now that we have exhausted all the possibilities ... Let's get started.

#2 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

2katz and I are planning to give it a go. We've specifically avoided many in our area for such an occasion as this. However, we've had a nice big series fall right in our neighborhood. The only problem I foresee with a series cache, like eating a potato chip, I'm not sure I'm strong enough to stop with just one!
  • cajunabear likes this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#3 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston (Cy-Fair area)

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

I will give it an attempt and will probably head for the rest of that series as a one a day to finish it off.  If the rest of the state flag series gets out, that will help a lot of you but not me.

#4 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston (Cy-Fair area)

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Yes, I may try to do the one before and after midnight ... as has been mentioned before.  I have done that before so why not.

#5 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yes, I may try to do the one before and after midnight ... as has been mentioned before.  I have done that before so why not.

And you can do it in one trip, too!  And, hey, you can do one before 12:00 and one after 12:00. Lol   :uglystupid2:

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#6 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

I am gonna give it a whirl....  I have tons of caches in my area, so that should keep me safe for the 31 days of caching...that's what happens when TW's is one of your NW neighbors...

• TexasWriter likes this

#7 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

I am gonna give it a whirl....  I have tons of caches in my area, so that should keep me safe for the 31 days of caching...that's what happens when TW's is one of your NW neighbors...

Yeah, I've got a cache or two around here. I'm trying to follow BB's example of how to take over an entire town with caches. :D

• Baytown Bert likes this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#8 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm spreading Berty-tube love too!  :angel:

TXGA SETX Representative

#9 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

I've got some in PR's queue now in my area... but that doesn't help me.  I'll try an August streak, but life probably won't allow me to complete it, unless Bert plants some Berty-tubes my way.

Posted Image

#10 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

I've got some in PR's queue now in my area... but that doesn't help me.  I'll try an August streak, but life probably won't allow me to complete it, unless Bert plants some Berty-tubes my way.

beinlause gave us berty-tube tribute caches this week!!

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#11 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

I was out driving around a minute ago and danged if its getting harder to find a place to hide one.  Between Houston Control and me, we have about 350 caches here.  My 30 mile kill zone either has caches I won't attempt, or they're broken.  I'm thinking I'll take a real hard look at my caches and wholesale archive the ones that don't get much activity and re-hide new ones in better places.  What's more fun than caching with friends?  Here is a Berty Tube: 

Berty-tube_zps01f70d65.jpg

TXGA SETX Representative

#12 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

The Berty Tubes with camo'd wings?  LOL!! Love them!!

#13 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Just complete my planning calendar for August Need a find on August 21 to complete the month for find dates. Need another 12 days to fill in the placed by date calendar and the rest just to obtain the souvenirs.

#14 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I was thinking the same thing, Bert.  I'll do my part to add a few to help with the local August numbers, but I really don't want to add too many more caches to my "need to maintain" list.  I did a maintenance run on my Multi-Madness series Sunday and even THAT seems too far to drive.

Actually, I've got one more in the queue now!

• Baytown Bert likes this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#15 wowieann

wowieann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHouston - Copperfield

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm going to try to cache every day this August.  I just (finally) filled in a month on my grid (July).  I haven't been very active lately - just a few here and there, so there are LOTS nearby that I haven't found yet.  I'm trying to gear up for August by making a list of nearby LPCs I haven't found yet (in case of emergency).  Is there a current Phone-a-Friend list for the NW Houston area?  I'd be glad to be on it in the event that someone needs help on a cache that I've found.  I'd also love to have people to call on if I find myself in a similar situation.

wowieann (Valerie

#16 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

I have 3 goals.

1. Find a cache for a particular Placed Date that I am missing for the month.  Going to do that one on its anniversary day.
  2. Find a geocache on each day in August that I have not made a find in my history.  About 15 of them.
  3. Finally try to make the longest streak ever for myself of finding a cache on each day of the month.  Not sure this will be doable but will give it a go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users