Photo

Streaks

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Streaks: How strict is one-a-day? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Geocaching Streaks of x number of consecutive days means...

1. One physical find, cache in hand, log is signed, each day period. No exceptions (30 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. One physical find and logged each day, but some exceptions are excusable, ok fudge a little (2 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Find several caches when you can, then just log one each day. No Biggie. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I got no time for stupid streaks. I just wanna cache! (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Syd and I are 8 for 8.  And she's the one that's been riding me to do it.  Nice change!  She had a sleepover today and knew time would be tight between my arrival time and the time she had to be there.  She knew where one was she previously scouted and called me at work to confirm I'd be home early enough to take her to one or she was gong to 'make' mom take her during the day.  I almost fell out of my chair.

• ohl hockey guy, pindroppers74 and green-eyed like this
Posted Image

#102 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

8/8 for August. But still got my annual streak for 2013 going also.
Posted Image

#103 Nebulus703

Nebulus703

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHighlands/Baytown

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm eight for eight as well and I intend on getting all 31. I don't know what my longest streak is but I know it's not as long as 31 days. Maybe these daily souvenirs get cheaper and cheaper as time goes on but I just want the challenge of finding a cache each day for 31 days in a row.

Besides, I haven't been caching quite as much as I used to and this is a great opportunity to get me back into it some more.

• green-eyed likes this

#104 OHail

OHail

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

<snip> Don't think I will try to break my longest.streak because I would have to get 569 days in a row.

I know what you mean there.  I doubt I will ever attempt a really long streak again.  It was a bit of a relief when mine was over.

There is no adventure without risk.

#105 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

8/8 so far hoping to keep it going. So far this is longest streak yet.
Now that we have exhausted all the possibilities ... Let's get started.

#106 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

<snip> Don't think I will try to break my longest.streak because I would have to get 569 days in a row.

I know what you mean there.  I doubt I will ever attempt a really long streak again.  It was a bit of a relief when mine was over.

If I did another long streak I think my wife would kill me. The only regret I have about mine is that I really wanted a calendar year but didn't get it as the streak ended in November during a shuttle mission when I was stuck at work.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#107 zoothornrollo

zoothornrollo

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • LocationClear Lake City

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

We are 9 for 9 so far.  We are not really doing it for the Aug. souvenirs but are on day #98 of a streak to qualify for a Challenge.  We have never tried a streak before - our longest before this one was about 46 days while on a summer road trip.  We are saving the ones closest to home to do once school starts up and time and energy are harder to come by.  Good luck, everyone!

#108 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

So far so good! I'm having fun! This now my longest streak by far. My previous long streak was 4 days. :)

This promotion has been a good time for me to get some cool caches like puzzles solved, LB's & Multi's, previous DNFs, etc. for me when I can. I've really tried to mix things up.

While my BFF, 2katz, was traveling, I've also focused on caches she's already logged that I have not.

This has been a fun diversion in my opinion. I realize how lucky I am to be in such a cache rich or cache dense area. It must be very frustrating and expensive for many not so lucky.
  • cajunabear likes this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#109 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Im cache rich here in California. 8 for 8 so far. Get nine today. Easy going here

#110 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Jason's a Cali boy?

#111 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Yes I am bob. I've been here a month now. Not sure how long im staying but im here.

#112 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

9 for 9.  We need a *check in from Mustard Devil and Dhaulagheri, plans were for the Element Series and Warrior Series.  Just check in 9/9 guys..we will know you made home safely. 

#113 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

9 / 9. This has been a fun run. My prior long streak was 5.
Now that we have exhausted all the possibilities ... Let's get started.

#114 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

9 for 9.  We need a *check in from Mustard Devil and Dhaulagheri, plans were for the Element Series and Warrior Series.  Just check in 9/9 guys..we will know you made home safely. 

CHECK! 9for9. Originally planned to finish the series today, but the heat got to me before I could. Did get another 12-14, the rest will have to wait for another day.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users