13 replies to this topic

#1 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

BFF 2katz and I saw this rather large solution to ridiculous bush whacking scenarios while working the Three Amigos Series. :) I just don't know where I'd keep it! Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371071174.468719.jpg   312.46KB   96 downloads

Edited by KeyResults, 12 June 2013 - 03:10 PM.

• pindroppers74, 2katz and green-eyed like this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#2 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Nice particularly for trees with wasp nest in them

Now that we have exhausted all the possibilities ... Let's get started.

#3 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

With that tool in your caching pack, there is no longer need for tree climbing ....   :D

Edited by Mr Muddy Buddy, 23 July 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

I know everyone is seeing the scorched-earth dirt work that is going on all around Houston.  Its almost as if they have a vendetta against anything green.  God help here if we don't start an aggressive program to replant.  I've lost about 10 caches to this one thing alone, but more than that, the greenhouse gas alone will continue to spike upward and then there is the loss of habitat. I plan on writing the mayor of Baytown over my concern.

TXGA SETX Representative

#5 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

I know everyone is seeing the scorched-earth dirt work that is going on all around Houston.  Its almost as if they have a vendetta against anything green.  God help here if we don't start an aggressive program to replant.  I've lost about 10 caches to this one thing alone, but more than that, the greenhouse gas alone will continue to spike upward and then there is the loss of habitat. I plan on writing the mayor of Baytown over my concern.

Likewise Montgomery County.  A huge new Exxon campus and now 2000 more acres of forest (the Camp Strake property) poised to become high end housing and a new retail area.  If we live long enough we will probably see an uninterrupted expanse of concrete from Galveston to Huntsville.

Oh yes, forgot to add that there's little point contacting the mayor of Conroe about the Camp Strake development as he enthusiastically supports it and envisions Conroe someday blooming into a city with thirty and forty story office buildings.  Guess that render the "tool" an unnecessary gadget.

Edited by Team Troglodyte, 24 July 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#6 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

Likewise Montgomery County.  A huge new Exxon campus and now 2000 more acres of forest (the Camp Strake property) poised to become high end housing and a new retail area.  If we live long enough I we will probably see an uninterrupted expanse of concrete from Galveston to Huntsville.

Oh yes, forgot to add that there's little point contacting the mayor of Conroe about the Camp Strake development as he enthusiastically supports it and envisions Conroe someday blooming into a city with thirty and forty story office buildings.  Guess that render the "tool" an unnecessary gadget.

Fortunately for Huntsville, there is National Forest between Huntsville and points south, so that might stop the spread of concrete.

#7 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

You guys really know how to pump a guy up!
  • Baytown Bert likes this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#8 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

I bet that even National Forests are not exempt.  If the Gov't needs the money, they'll probably sell it....

Fortunately for Huntsville, there is National Forest between Huntsville and points south, so that might stop the spread of concrete.

Posted Image

#9 Nebulus703

Nebulus703

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHighlands/Baytown

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

I'm with you on that, Bert. I'm thinking about writing to the mayor of Baytown as well. The forests and fields vanishing is really starting to bum me out.

#10 thacatfish

thacatfish

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Locationmt. belvieu, Texas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Definitely agree with bert and neb. Baytown is being cut down slowly but surely. And the outlying areas are getting even worse. Mt belvieu is being chopped down more quickly than I could ever imagine. Its ridiculous

#11 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

Read the comments from the mayor and the assistant city manager.

Edited by Baytown Bert, 25 July 2013 - 04:06 AM.

TXGA SETX Representative

#12 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

Read the comments from the mayor and the assistant city manager.

I'm flattered!  I made it into the blog.

• Baytown Bert likes this

#13 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

The truth is Gary, that geocachers spend more time in the woods than sportsmen.  We are probably more aware of vanishing habitat than almost any other hobby group.  Out opinions are very important and I thank you for your contribution.  We have a voice in our community and we should exercise it.

TXGA SETX Representative

#14 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Minor correction.  What the mayor is seeing is dollar signs.  Any idea what the property tax revenue will be with that being high dollar residential vs. the nothing they got when it belonged to a non-profit?  

Eagle 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users