22 replies to this topic

#21 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

The flip-side is that you could approach it like when I had my eTrex.  It gave you the GC number and an arrow.  For my first 1200 finds -- I'd say 80% I never looked up.  Just went there's one there and went.  No idea size, DT, etc. while searching.

Sometimes stating what it is, exactly, and sometimes even hinting, takes too much away.  Sometimes not.

And sometimes it's just fun to mess with people.  Just because.  :stirpot:  >:D

I'd never do that.  <_<

My first GPSr was an eTrex, so I can relate. I was at 500 or more finds before I bought my 62S.

Be honest, Kevin....you don't mess with people....you just feed them to the alligators. :coolsmiley:

• georeyna likes this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#22 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

[quote name="TexasWriter" post="123030" timestamp="1370351127"][quote name="cachestacker" post="123028" timestamp="1370350248"]

I am hoping that it really IS a really good hide and is not off.  If so, hope nobody spoils it.  If not, can't wait to hear about it.  :2funny:

As for this hide in particular, I'm sure there was not only no attempt to be clear, but the original listing was intended to be confusing by providing conflicting information (hint said the opposite of the title). The CO told me that the conflicting information was intended to make the hide more challenging. Personally, I'm not into frustrating people who are looking for my hides. To each his own, I guess. That's both the up and down sides of having a great game that we can play in a great, free country.[/quote]

I'm with you on this, I think that the description on this one is intentionally vague and meant to drive us a little crazy.
I don't mind a little crazy (I AM Dutch after all....) and when it finally gets found I bet there will be a good story to tell about it, been to a couple of fairly EVIL hides lately and some of them just were downright brilliant, so let's hope for that and in the meanwhile keep trying.

Gotta go, got a date in the park ;)

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#23 rozowski5

rozowski5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

[quote name="cachestacker" post="123028" timestamp="1370350248"]

I am hoping that it really IS a really good hide and is not off.  If so, hope nobody spoils it.  If not, can't wait to hear about it.  :2funny:

As for this hide in particular, I'm sure there was not only no attempt to be clear, but the original listing was intended to be confusing by providing conflicting information (hint said the opposite of the title). The CO told me that the conflicting information was intended to make the hide more challenging. Personally, I'm not into frustrating people who are looking for my hides. To each his own, I guess. That's both the up and down sides of having a great game that we can play in a great, free country.

I'm with you on this, I think that the description on this one is intentionally vague and meant to drive us a little crazy.
I don't mind a little crazy (I AM Dutch after all....) and when it finally gets found I bet there will be a good story to tell about it, been to a couple of fairly EVIL hides lately and some of them just were downright brilliant, so let's hope for that and in the meanwhile keep trying.

Gotta go, got a date in the park ;)

With the freeway shut down today my neighborhood is a parking lot.  Unless I can walk there I am not going anywhere today and that sucks!  I might be able to figure out a backway to Herman Park but for now I am just recovering from my 1 hr 2 mile trip to take rozowskis 3&4 to school.  It is almost 9 o'clock and the park is opening.  I hope you are there Dhaulaghiri to redeem us all.  Stick lover and I are cheering you on from home. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users