53 replies to this topic

#21 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

I was damn near a Cleveland (had to look it up...) on my one trip there and that was splitting a roachy (not really) motel with my brother.  

And HC left off "bar tab" on the list of expenses.  If you meet up with Rich, Lola  and KD, expect there to be a bar tab.

In all honesty, I think my portion of the trip was in the $800 range.  Airfare alone was $400.  I couldn't find the spreadsheet that Matt used to clarify split expenses.  Otherwise, I'd know to the penny.  

Shhh! We don't talk about bar tabs.  :knuppel2:  We prefer to call it research. The only way to get Mr. Kirbydox to travel with us is to find good beer and baseball since he isn't into caching. You and Matt didn't even hit as many microbreweries as Rich & Lola and I did.

That was a fun trip. I like Block Party even more than Geowoodstock! 

Pssshaw!  Ain't no way we are keeping up with you guys.  In caching or bar tabs, er, "research".  But a planner needs to know (although, I've long since forgotten who was planning what here...)

No doubt Seattle wins over any place GW goes.  Ain't never been to GW, but I agree with your assessment, er, "research".

Dang, you do do a lot of "research".

Posted Image

#22 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

I think Groundspeak should move to Portland.   Now that's a trip I would research!

Posted Image

#23 Mustard Devil

Mustard Devil

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

I finally saved enough and just a few hours ago booked my trip. Airfare,hotel and rent car $928.00. Also going to the film festival and the ape event that weekend. :cheers:

#24 CornDoll

CornDoll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Juleed and I are planning one for us Po folk.  It'll be in Baytown.

When is this Block Party supposed to happen? I'll put it on our calendar if I can get a where/when.

#25 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

August 17th

TXGA SETX Representative

#26 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,870 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Got my airfare and hotels, etc for the REAL Block Party in Seattle just now.  Can't wait!

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#27 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Got my airfare and hotels, etc for the REAL Block Party in Seattle just now.  Can't wait!

See you there ....

Scott's and my plans for the block party/Glacier train trip are coming together ... So we are doing the block party first, then taking the train to Glacier from Seattle.

Then after Glacier, taking the train to Minneapolis/St. Paul and flying home after a day there.

Posted Image

#28 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

I guess Juleed and I need to start hashing out the Block Party in the Baytown area to coincide with this one.
  • KeyResults likes this

TXGA SETX Representative

#29 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Bummer.. just had to move a team meeting (in seattle) for that week so I can go to a trade show.  I'm going to miss both block parties.

Posted Image

#30 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

Got my gasoline money put aside for the trip to Baytown!!  All $70.00!!  I hope one day to go to the Block Party, Seattle does rock and it is a very beautiful city.  

@Heftydude: Try to go to Geowoodstock, you will enjoy it, especially since it is a traveling event, next year being in St. Louis.  I also hear the beer is great, there are beer tours, one a brew house, the other *BUDWEISER*.  I am really shooting for St. Louis next year just, seems like a very nice place to host GW12.  Don't kick GW around until you have tried it!  

#31 chefkimmo

chefkimmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston (Cy-Fair area)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Maybe one day I will go to the real block party but will mark down to go to Baytown this year. 

Georeyna, just to make sure I am not too confused but did you mean that GW14 (not GW12) would be in St. Louis next year?  I had looked little while back but couldn't find the location.  If it is, if anyone is interested in a combining expenses and doing a road trip I would love to go. 

#32 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

It's going to be a real block party in Baytown. I'm going to set a tire on fire in the front yard and Juleed is going to cook a goat.

TXGA SETX Representative

#33 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

It's going to be a real block party in Baytown. I'm going to set a tire on fire in the front yard and Juleed is going to cook a goat.

Nice!  Can't wait!  have not had tire-smoked cabrito in a long time!

• georeyna and Baytown Bert like this
Posted Image

#34 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,870 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Maybe one day I will go to the real block party but will mark down to go to Baytown this year. 

Georeyna, just to make sure I am not too confused but did you mean that GW14 (not GW12) would be in St. Louis next year?  I had looked little while back but couldn't find the location.  If it is, if anyone is interested in a combining expenses and doing a road trip I would love to go. 

GeoWoodstock XII will be in 2014 in St. Louis (actually, St. Charles, MO).  The first Geowoodstock was in 2003.

Edited by HoustonControl, 02 July 2013 - 12:27 PM.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#35 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Nice!  Can't wait!  have not had tire-smoked cabrito in a long time!

I will bring the tortillias y salsa...or as BaytownBert states *Tore* Till* *a* and *that red sauce*...or is it cachestacker who sez that :-\ ? 

• Baytown Bert likes this

#36 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

I know what a tortiller is. But watch
out for KR if those are around. I think we all know what he does with those...
Posted Image

#37 Mudfrog

Mudfrog

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLumberton, Texas

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

I priced out the Blockparty trip and found that it was pretty reasonable. Started making arrangements for Tadpole babysitting and the such then got invited to go with Chicken's family up to Branson. I guess the prospect of seeing Wayne Netwon won out. :2funny:

Wait, he's in Vegas,,, Oh well, too late now! :uglystupid2:

This works out good though. Now i get to run over to Baytown on the 17th if all goes well!

• Baytown Bert likes this

#38 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Woot!  I just booked air and hotel to make the block party in Seattle.  Sweet!

Posted Image

#39 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Will be heading to the block party.  Been a while since I can make a mega event and never made any to HQ.

Planning on giving a Milestone and Extremes Map to HOUSTON CONTROL and to one of the co founders of the ET HWY mega series at a local event during the same weekend.

So looking forward to it.  :cheers:

• TravelingGeek likes this
Now that we have exhausted all the possibilities ... Let's get started.

#40 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Woot! I just booked air and hotel to make the block party in Seattle. Sweet!

Quite exciting. Going to be there only for the weekend but hoping to find some fun caches and participate in all events.
Now that we have exhausted all the possibilities ... Let's get started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users