23 replies to this topic

#21 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Last night husband and I were reading the list of geocachers and their milestones before going to bed.  (it is great bedtime reading!) We saw that kirbydox et all had gone off and gotten a thousand caches in ONE day somewhere.  Maybe 2 days.  So now I am inspired to get my poor little numbers up so I can hang with the big girls!  306 and counting!  I know it isn't really about the numbers, but the adventure & fun.  That said, it looks like a fun adventure to get my numbers up!  We are planning our summer vacation where we can hit the most # of states and looking for power trails on the way.  100 a month has been challenging and has involved a lot of vacation time as well as a dirty & untidy house.  I am not sure how others can get more than that, have a job, or do anything else while caching. 

I've read about more then a 1000 finds in a day (24 hrs.) too, but for me that kinda takes the fun out of caching. So far the most I've done in a day is 54 over on LogDawgs president-series and that wore me out pretty much. See ya tomorrow!

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#22 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

1000+ in a day is some of most fun I've ever had caching.  Don't get me wrong.... I have no desire to run out and do it again.  But still holds true -- a truly fun adventure.

Posted Image

#23 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think I would have to have a keg to do it, but that's just me.

TXGA SETX Representative

#24 Mustard Devil

Mustard Devil

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

I am gonna use vacation time next year if not sooner to do the ET Highway series in Nevada. Believe there are 2000 in that series[:)]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users