21 replies to this topic

#21 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

... I gave heavy credence towards HC's cache finds.
One or two of my finds are well outside of the city limits of the required town. Way to Bovay, for Navasota, comes to mind. The reason is, it was the closest cache to Navasota when I marked that town off the list -- there were none in Navasota itself in June of 2007. There are bunches now!

Well that's being really specific. The way I originally meant that phrase was to basically solve geographic disputes between areas of the state claiming the same moniker: I.e. Round Lake. In cases like that I gave heavy credence to HC finds.

Once in a particular region I gave preference to cache names with the city name : e.g. Exit to Junction even if they were on the edge of town instead of the heart of town. (Although I think I changed Junctions at the last minute, so ignore everything I just said.)
Posted Image

#22 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

OK, I see.  I just wanted to put it out there that were several "towns" where I got the closest cache I could find, but that cache might not be the best choice now.  I don't think the CO checks all that closely anyway.  I DID do just what you said about trying to get caches with the town name in them when possible.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users