7 replies to this topic

#1 BanditBoy111

BanditBoy111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm traveling to Hawaii in June.  I will be in Honolulu and on Maui during my visit.  Have any of you GC'd in Hawaii before and are there any GC's that you would recommend?  I was looking at the gc.com website and there are so many!  Thanks!

BanditBoy111 8)

Posted Image

#2 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm traveling to Hawaii in June.  I will be in Honolulu and on Maui during my visit.  Have any of you GC'd in Hawaii before and are there any GC's that you would recommend?  I was looking at the gc.com website and there are so many!  Thanks!

Recommend you contact 2katz as one source.

Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#3 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

I was in the islands but not much time on the islands you mentioned. Only thing I can recommend is the virtual at punchbowl national cemetary. Eagle
Posted Image

#4 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I found only one on Waikiki beach by a boat

Posted Image

#5 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

One of them we did while on Oahu that we thought was one of the best we have ever done is http://coord.info/GCMFAC and it is so cool, if you have to crawl there, don't miss it.

Take your camera to this one.

#6 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Oh my. I was on Maui last June and grabbed quite a few smiley's in the time I had there.    I highly suggest you sort by favs and do what you can, depending on which part of the island you're staying on. So many great caches, hikes, sights to see!!!

Posted Image

#7 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hands down.... 

Na'ili'ili-haele WaterFalls Cache  http://coord.info/GCHREH

This my favorite DNF ever!  I will go back just to complete this hike / cache!  Read the logs there are some amazing stories.  I have a watch on this one and immediately read those logs.  Really!  Its that cool, and I didn't even find it!

Be sure to stop for crepes afterwards on the way back.

The EC at Molokini is pretty cool and a lot easier to do if the weather is cooperating (it wasn't for us).

If you get to the big Island, I have a list of favorites for you.

-TG

Posted Image

#8 BanditBoy111

BanditBoy111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Aloha! Well, my trip to Hawaii was wonderful!  Thanks for all for all of the tips & suggestions!  Grabbed a total of 11 GC's while there.  Was able to do (2) EarthCaches also- Nakalele Blowhole (Maui) and Diamond Head (Oahu).  Hiked Diamond Head and the view was spectacular!  Would have done the one at Punchbowl, but I was on a Tour Bus and didn't have the opportunity to get off and wander around.  Definitely have to go back to Hawaii and grab some more!  

• ATMA likes this
BanditBoy111 8)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users