• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rozowski5

rozowski5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

I haven't been to most of the areas around me having CITO events this weekend and could use some advice on where to head. I saw a lot of paddling/gator info and that is a bit too much for me with 3 kids. So if there are some less adventurous options including some fun caches as well as clean up we are all in. I am in Bellaire.
Deirdre

#2 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

There are CITOS on Saturday in the far North (The Woodlands) and (Spring).  There is also one on the NW side in Cypress.  On Sunday you have the CLAPS CITO and Monday two in Sugarland. Sugarland evening

Edited by log dawgs, 15 April 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ask Team Four Paw?

Edited by Team Four Paw, 16 April 2013 - 10:40 AM.
who is Team Four Paw, really?

#4 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

The Paddling / Gator CITO is also land based for folks too chicken not yet prepared to get in the water.  (Actually, the gator thing is more of a myth/legend than reality).  You can pick up trash around the park and log the CITO event.  A few people will be doing that.  Even better -- volunteer to help shuttle people back to the park!

But coming out to this one will give you a good opportunity to see how paddling works and how much fun it is.  Those paddling will be doing the caches along the way if they haven't already done them.  ;)  Come out early and you can even give it a quick whirl to see!

That said, there are a ton of CITO events around town for CITO weekend -- Sat, Sun, and Mon!  You get a souvenir for logging one this weekend. 

And we'll have another paddle event in the fall -- if not sooner -- and a nightime one in December....  And I'm sure there will be plenty of mashup opportunities this summer! 

Posted Image

#5 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Log Dawgs summarized a bunch on the other thread.  But there's also the one in May (19th) in the Baytown Nature Center.  This is a cool spot where you can get several different types of caches in one day and the Houston Pick 6 Challenge cache, too.  Look on the map and see the different types.  Great place to cache with or without the CITO, but waiting till then gets you one more type.  http://coord.info/GC48T9Q

Edited by cachestacker, 15 April 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Posted Image

#6 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

And Bear Creek park. That's where keyresults and I will be. It's ManofSteel73's CITO.
Posted Image

#7 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

And Baytown Bert's first one is on 5/19 at Baytown Nature Center (GC48T9Q) if this month's CITO's don't work.

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#8 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Log Dawgs summarized a bunch on the other thread.  But there's also the one in May (19th) in the Baytown Nature Center.  This is a cool spot where you can get several different types of caches in one day and the Houston Pick 6 Challenge cache, too.  Look on the map and see the different types.  Great place to cache with or without the CITO, but waiting till then gets you one more type.  http://coord.info/GC48T9Q

Ha, I just posted that one (BB's CITO) on the other related discussion thread since she was trying to delete this one.

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#9 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

One way or the other I'm the center of attention.  :angel:   It's humbling, I tell you.

TXGA SETX Representative

#10 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

But Bert, which year is the CITO?

Posted Image

#11 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

I haven't been to most of the areas around me having CITO events this weekend and could use some advice on where to head. I saw a lot of paddling/gator info and that is a bit too much for me with 3 kids. So if there are some less adventurous options including some fun caches as well as clean up we are all in. I am in Bellaire.
Deirdre

deirdre - i'm going to this one:  http://www.geocachin...aspx?wp=GC453ZQ .  i won't have ian with me, but it's closer to you.  should be the same one that 2Katz mentioned above.

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#12 rozowski5

rozowski5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Deirdre

deirdre - i'm going to this one:  http://www.geocachin...aspx?wp=GC453ZQ .  i won't have ian with me, but it's closer to you.  should be the same one that 2Katz mentioned above.

Jennifer - I would love to see you but Saturday morning is already a complete mess.  I have 3 different games for 3 different kids at 3 different fields and all at the same time.  Then I have a modern quilt guild meeting.  :)  off off topic - I am announcing a Denyse Schmidt challenge!  I am going to try for the Fri or Sun event. I won't know about Friday until Thursday when my oldest either wins the HISD Name That Book competition and goes to the finals on Friday or he loses and I get to CITO. 

• green-eyed likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users