10 replies to this topic

#1 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

I grew up in western new york...  Its a great area, but not well known for quality beer.  As a your man, our options were limited both by finances and availability.  All of my family (8 siblings and parents) all moved away from the area long ago, but i had a chance to visit during GeoWoodstock IX two years ago.... and I was ASTOUNDED to find out that not only had a local craft brewery sprung up, but that it was damn good!  This euphoria was followed by bitter disappointment that the import regulations of the Texas Republic was keeping this new found nectar from me on regular basis.  This imbalance in the world has shifted and Southern Tier brews are now available in our local grocery stores (HEB) and favorite pubs (Flying Saucer).

I'm partial to IPA's and bitter beer in general and the brewmasters at Southern Tier know how to speak my language.

Please join me at "Southern Tier to Sugar Land" on April 27th from 4pm to 6pm at the Sugarland Flying Saucer to welcome this great beer to the great state of Texas!   http://coord.info/GC49P4H

The only regular Souther Tier they have on draft is the 2XIPA, but I've heard from the regional manager that they have a couple special kegs stashed away.  The 2XIPA is a great beer and even if we get to taste nothing else, this alone is worth the visit.

Posted Image

#2 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Ah, we just published the next FTF event for that same day!  I am considering changing the time on my event to allow us/others to go to both.  Would people rather have hamburgers before or after beer?  Or is it pointless to worry about the time, because the events would attract totally different crowds....

come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#3 cachestacker

cachestacker

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • LocationClear Lake

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I never make events out of my are a due to life.  Heck, I've never even made it to SL Saucer!  But I'm going to try to make the beer one!  Seems 2 birds with one stone.  Hopefully Syd has no games, etc. that would mess this up. 

Posted Image

#4 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Keely, sorry we overlapped.  I can slide mine  a bit as well, but I have a cemetery cleanup service project that will go until noon.

Posted Image

#5 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

travelinggeek, there's a fantastic pub on the clear lake side that has TONS of craft beer on tap and bottle.  they usually have quite a few IPAs and most are ones not found in the stores and most regular establishments.  Nobi Public House on NASA Rd 1... when you go, ask for the pork fries to go with your pint.  they serve a wonderful selection of Vietnamese fusion foods as well.  and there are a few caches nearby...

• Baytown Bert likes this
the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#6 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

travelinggeek, there's a fantastic pub on the clear lake side that has TONS of craft beer on tap and bottle.  they usually have quite a few IPAs and most are ones not found in the stores and most regular establishments.  Nobi Public House on NASA Rd 1... when you go, ask for the pork fries to go with your pint.  they serve a wonderful selection of Vietnamese fusion foods as well.  and there are a few caches nearby...

Green-Eyed,

Set up the event!!

Just FYI, I tried to set one up at St. Arnold's but they blew me out of the water like a North Korean missile attack.  The TX PR, shot it out of the water, then I went to HQ to have it reconsidered.  NOPE.

The problem was I gave PR to much info.  I alerted attendees that there would be an $8.00 admission fee.  The PR said, will how the EVENT recover costs.  I stated, the event does not need to recover any costs, it is a fee to get into the brewery, similar to a fee into a museum, park etc.  They were still concerned how the EVENT was gonna recover the $8.00 fee... DUH, they lost me and HQ archived it.  

#7 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

I will be in SA that weekend.  Wish I could make it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I pushed the time back on my event to 6-8 pm for those who wanted to come by after this

come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#9 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Green-Eyed,

Set up the event!!

Just FYI, I tried to set one up at St. Arnold's but they blew me out of the water like a North Korean missile attack.  The TX PR, shot it out of the water, then I went to HQ to have it reconsidered.  NOPE.

The problem was I gave PR to much info.  I alerted attendees that there would be an $8.00 admission fee.  The PR said, will how the EVENT recover costs.  I stated, the event does not need to recover any costs, it is a fee to get into the brewery, similar to a fee into a museum, park etc.  They were still concerned how the EVENT was gonna recover the $8.00 fee... DUH, they lost me and HQ archived it.  

nobi is a teeny tiny place.  I've only been for lunch - on Sunday, it's quieter than lunch during the week.  I hear the evenings are quite full.  I'll see if I can talk to someone there about it, but we'll probably have to guarantee enough people for them to reserve tables for us.  There are probably about a dozen and a half tables, most of them 2-tops, plus the bar.  It's incredible though...I highly recommend it.

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#10 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Thanks Keely!

Sounds like fun Green-eyes.  I don't get over there often but will put that on the list.... especially for an event :)

Posted Image

#11 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Bump... this event (http://coord.info/GC49P4H ) is on Saturday 4 to 6 followed by Keely's FTF Event (http://coord.info/GC49PP2 )  at 6 to 8.

See ya'll there!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users