16 replies to this topic

#1 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

I noticed today that they Groundspeak has extended the International CITO Weekend to include Monday.  I'm really happy about this as I was going to be at Enchanted Rock Park on a Boy Scout trip and wasn't going to have a chance to do a CITO on the weekend.  Well today I see on Latitude 47, that they're including Monday 4/22/13 as well.

That's great.  So I just submitted a CITO at Oyster Creek Park (Sugar Land, HWY 6 just SE of Settlers Way on the left)  It will be from 11:30AM - 1:00PM.  If you're game for it, let's do some CITO'ng.

I'll post a link to the CITO when it publishes. :notme:

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 cook cachers

cook cachers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yea! I am going to be in Dallas on a choir trip with cachin shark until late Sunday night. Now I can sleep in Monday and still get my CITO souvenir, I mean do the right thing for the environment.

• Baytown Bert likes this

#3 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

MODAY Blues?

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#4 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Emily and I did the Armand Bayou Trash Bash this past weekend, a lot of people and a bunch of bags of trash. Should make for semi-easier picking in April.

#5 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Yes, HC - I apparently need to use a Spell Checker - Thanks for pointing that out.

Monday Blues at Oyster Creek Park

Date: 4/22/2013

Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm

#6 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm always glad to help point out other people's mistakes... in a very public way!  :2funny:

I knew Monday was included in the CITO weekend and considered hosting an after-work event myself.  Might still do it.  I'd have to take the day -- or at least the afternoon -- off to make it over to Oyster Creek.  :unsure:

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#7 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yea! I am going to be in Dallas on a choir trip with cachin shark until late Sunday night. Now I can sleep in Monday and still get my CITO souvenir, I mean do the right thing for the environment.

Off topic = on

When do I (we) get to hear the golden pipes? Perhaps at another upcoming Brewery event?  :coolsmiley: It's gettin' to be about that time again...

Off topic = off

Edited by KeyResults, 26 March 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#8 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is there really that much trash in that park? It seemed pretty pristine unless your went under the bridge towards the edge of the water. Oyster Creek Park connects to Lost Creek Park.

Posted Image

#9 cook cachers

cook cachers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Off topic = on

When do I (we) get to hear the golden pipes? Perhaps at another upcoming Brewery event?  :coolsmiley: It's gettin' to be about that time again...

Off topic = off

Off topic briefly = on

Would love anither St. Arnold's event! As for the girl with the beautiful voice, we will need to act quickly as she is off the UNT in the fall. Maybe someplace a little less cavernous than the brewery though. She might crack the glasses when she gets to full volume!

Off topic = off

• KeyResults likes this

#10 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Off topic = on

Off topic = off

Off topic briefly = on

Would love anither St. Arnold's event! As for the girl with the beautiful voice, we will need to act quickly as she is off the UNT in the fall. Maybe someplace a little less cavernous than the brewery though. She might crack the glasses when she gets to full volume!

Off topic = off

I was thinking of hosting an *Alms for the Poor* event at St Arnolds Brewery.  I was thinking about May or June.  I told cachestacker that I have wanted to host one.  But to all brewery lovers, we need to be prepared!!  I believe that whomever gets their first go find a corner, sit you chairs down and start grabbing space.  As more cachers come, grab more space.  Also, bring snacks to eat.  Going to the first Saint Arnold's event, I found myself laying on a table till more people assisted on filling it up.  Let me look into it...I would love to host / go to another one!!

• KeyResults likes this

#11 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

MODAY Blues?

Yes, HC - I apparently need to use a Spell Checker - Thanks for pointing that out.

Monday Blues at Oyster Creek Park

Date: 4/22/2013

Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm

I liked Moday Blues

Posted Image

#12 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Is there really that much trash in that park? It seemed pretty pristine unless your went under the bridge towards the edge of the water. Oyster Creek Park connects to Lost Creek Park.

That's what makes it perfect for a lunch time CITO.  I have seen trash by the waters edge, and up around the parking lot, through the woods up in that area, and then as you mentioned as it goes up towards lost creek park.

#13 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Off topic = on

Off topic = off

Off topic briefly = on

Off topic = off

I was thinking of hosting an *Alms for the Poor* event at St Arnolds Brewery.  I was thinking about May or June.  I told cachestacker that I have wanted to host one.  But to all brewery lovers, we need to be prepared!!  I believe that whomever gets their first go find a corner, sit you chairs down and start grabbing space.  As more cachers come, grab more space.  Also, bring snacks to eat.  Going to the first Saint Arnold's event, I found myself laying on a table till more people assisted on filling it up.  Let me look into it...I would love to host / go to another one!!

June would be great  ... as my May is booked

Posted Image

#14 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

That's what makes it perfect for a lunch time CITO.  I have seen trash by the waters edge, and up around the parking lot, through the woods up in that area, and then as you mentioned as it goes up towards lost creek park.

Perfect.  Get that place clean by 12:45 when i pull up!

Posted Image

#15 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

"miles off topic mode engaged"

So Eliza finds herself laying on a table in a brewery -
I for one am very surprised
  • HoustonControl and heftydude like this

#16 TAZ427

TAZ427

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

A quick reminder / plug for this CITO.  If you don't have plans for lunch, come on down/over/up/sideways/.... to Oyster Creek Park and join us for this CITO.  I promise to make it as fun as picking up trash can be. :uglystupid2:

#17 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

I will be there.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic