1 reply to this topic

#1 Ecto1

Ecto1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

My son's cub scout pack had a great camp out this weekend at this cool park.  For those of you who have never been to this one it is a great camping destination with lots of trails and wildlife.  We set out two new caches as well as adopted and repaired two others.  There is a ton of things to do at the park the only down side is there is a 3 dollar per day use fee to walk the trails.  But if you are into camping you can get a great site for only 7 dollars or rent a whole area with 8 campsites for only 40 dollars a night.  

#2 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Sounds fun! We went to Guadalupe River State Park this weekend and actually were a bit disappointed... first of all there were no more camping spots available (even for our tiny trekking-tent), but that could have been avoided if I had called ahead (but then again, this was a bit of a last-minute-trip....) and the park itself wasn't overly exciting. The walking was fine, but not nearly as beautiful as I expected.

We'll go and see about Lake Houston WP, gives me another great excuse for a camping/caching trip!

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users