30 replies to this topic

#21 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I went to Grimaldi's. Looks more authentic than Brooklyn Pizza.

625434_10200549672092014_986605928_n.jpg375873_10200549672252018_483304523_n.jpg

Posted Image

#22 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Okay, so based on THIS picture, we had to get ourselves some of this!  We looked at the website and saw that there was a location listed in Katy near La Centerra.  After spending like 20 minutes trying to figure out exactly where it was, we pulled up, got out...and realized it was NOT EVEN OPEN yet!  Foiled!  It looks like they are still painting and caulking.  So we had Zoes Kitchen instead.  But we want to try this soon!

come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#23 rozowski5

rozowski5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Spankys.  We found it after being in the sun all day the CITO Armand Bayou event and thought it was a gift from heaven.  We went back this past Saturday after my 8 yr old's baseball team won the reg season of machine pitchat Bellaire Little League - and it was still pretty darn delicious.  I also like Luigi's in Bellaire and have heard that their gellato is woth trying as well and has a cult following. 

I agree pizza is hard to do in Houston, and especially in Bellaire where we live.  It is all pretty much crap.  Star doesn't deliver here.  Pinks is good but really pricey.  My short list is a good pizza with roasted garlic as a topping plus a good salad (and a low standard of salad but just no iceberg lettuce) and that is hard to find.  The last few pizzas we have ordered have been Luigi's and they have been fine. 

We tried a great pizza one day when on the way of town when we stopped in Spring for an emergency Target run.  I don't remember the name of the place but it was local, nice, and delicious! 

I also had a hard time when I lived in Philly finding good pizza because I am not a folder/pincher of pizza.  That is weird to me.  I don't like floppy pizza. 

#24 Kyrenx

Kyrenx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWebster

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Personal favorites in Houston are: Frank's Pizza, Star Pizza, Spanky's and Bombay Pizza. It really just depends where you are and which one is closest. :D

img.aspx?txt=I'm+not+lost!+I'm+Geocachin

#25 Snoogans

Snoogans

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationThe Armpit of the Universe

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Grimaldi's for thin crust, Star Pizza for thick. Frank's if you're downtown and Star would take too long to deliver.

What happen to Mellow Mushroom?  They make pretty good pizza's if you are in the Spring area.

Holy crap! I didn't even know there was one around here! The only one I've eaten at was in Asheville, NC.

I love MM.

#26 firered365

firered365

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

If you are ever in the heights, try out Pink's. Their slices is HUGE and the pizaa is amazing.

#27 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Just tried Tony's II on Jones.  The pizza was 'ok' - greasy. We had to dab it off prior to eating.   The restaurant is small, which is fine, but the kids that were there dining where not well behaved at all.   Tossing a golf ball off the window, yelling while playing air hockey...  glad we sat in back as it kept the noise level down, at least a bit.      :wwf:

Posted Image

#28 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Mellow Mushroom is now my fav on NW side after last night. Thanks for the tip. Now to venture forth and try the rest. I guess a "Pizza Crawl" is impractical, huh? ;)
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#29 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Mellow Mushroom is now my fav on NW side after last night. Thanks for the tip. Now to venture forth and try the rest. I guess a "Pizza Crawl" is impractical, huh? ;)

Nice beer selection there too.

#30 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

It was very tasty.    Def worth a trip back!!   O0

Posted Image

#31 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

If you don't mind take and bake, Papa Murphy's is REALLY good pizza. Tues is 10.00 ea for any style any size. You won't be sorry.
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users