TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

No, I came in from the west side as well.  Here's a picture:

767a7cab-166c-40e8-8f96-9d0841f94499.jpg

Well, since a picture is worth a thousand words (thanks, HC), that explains why I wouldn't have seen the sign. Since I was already feeling a little guilty about coming in from this end (even though I already had all the other caches in the park), I parked a little bit further away because I like to access just about any cache that isn't part of the CLAPS via bike. I rode my bike from the parking spot indicated below to within 50 feet of the cache. Despite what my numerous police encounters while caching might indicate (some of them in the last few days), I always fly the straight and narrow. :stirpot:  I would never trespass, cross fences, go into parks after hours, stand there and sign an FTF while an alarm was going off, or anything like that. Lol

607e269a-86d7-4628-8e13-2a57e62b1b21.jpg

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#22 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Peach Bluff Lane?   Who comes up with these names?!?   Really.

Then again in CA I lived on Anglesite.   It wasn't a street or a lane or even a way... it was just a mineral.   Not many one word streets out there.... humm... maybe my first puzzle hide... naw.

We just moved 4 blocks down the road in December. Before that, I lived for almost 12 years on a street named Knobcrest Drive. When I had to give people the street name, they invariably looked at me like "WTH?" 

#23 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

It sure seemed like an overly alarming sign for a freaking drainage area.  My feeling was that it was a more of a "you kids better not be muddin' in our pretty drainage basin!" warning.  ::)

I live on Alamance Dr. (per the street signs), though the post office only recognizes it as Alamance St.  I don't know where the name came from but I always have to spell it when I'm telling someone my address.  Prior to this, I lived on September Dr, which usually drew a few chuckles and WTH's.

Edited by HoustonControl, 05 March 2013 - 04:06 PM.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#24 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Texas

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I remember seeing a street sign several years ago that was "Heap of Trash Lane".

#25 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Kickapoo is still my favorite street name. Wish it were closer to my favorite stream: Woman Hollering Creek.
Posted Image

#26 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

My brother's camping trailer is parked on Peg Leg Lane in north Louisiana. I made fun of it, and he reminded me that I live in a state with a town named Cut and Shoot. Lol

Woman Hollering Creek? What could have been happening there to inspire someone to name it that? :coolsmiley:

I'm thinking we're probably giving Cachestacker fodder for a new challenge based on street names....

#27 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

I remember seeing a street sign several years ago that was "Heap of Trash Lane".

Shows how good my memory is. :uglystupid2:   I just checked and the road is "Trash Pile Road" just out of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.

• TexasWriter likes this

#28 TheNorman

TheNorman

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Shows how good my memory is. :uglystupid2:   I just checked and the road is "Trash Pile Road" just out of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.

But it might have been in Henderson (just further down the highway) where there is "Old Trash Pile Road" which is around the corner from Le Cafe De Cajun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users