8 replies to this topic

#1 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

I was in the area so I thought I would see the who was up for adoption. There are some nice cats. A real nice young calico. 2 big rabbits and some puppies. The one dog that caught my eye was a 7 month old beautiful cream female Labrador. She was very sweet until I started to walk away and then she started barking loudly. There are also some really nice dogs and cats and even mice available. They have a special of adoption one kitten and get a full size cat free.

Posted Image

#2 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,845 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Free cats... what a deal!  :uglystupid2:

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#3 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Finally somebody admits it.  Even the SPCA is having trouble giving away cats.

Eagle

Posted Image

#4 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I went by the local shelter today to look at a chocolate lab.  I go back and forth on the idea of getting a second dog again.  I ended up leaving without him.  I did look at all the dogs and even found the puppies which were all adorable.  I passed by the cats without looking. 

#5 DangerKitties

DangerKitties

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Shelters always have deals with cats.. Sometimes they do 2 for 1 or $10 adoptions. It's not that no one wants them, they actually get adopted quite often but its just they get SO many intakes on a daily basis.

#6 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

I volunteered with CAP for about 6 months. We did move a lot of cats.
Posted Image

#7 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

I was in the area so I thought I would see the who was up for adoption. There are some nice cats. A real nice young calico. 2 big rabbits and some puppies. The one dog that caught my eye was a 7 month old beautiful cream female Labrador. She was very sweet until I started to walk away and then she started barking loudly. There are also some really nice dogs and cats and even mice available. They have a special of adoption one kitten and get a full size cat free.

I went by the SPCA again and the female cream lab was still there. Some of the smaller dogs were gone.

Posted Image

#8 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Which SPCA?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Westcott north of I-10 near Memorial Park. The lab was an owner surrender due to allergies. Not sure how friendly she is as she barked a lot today but I think she just doesn't like being cooped up in the cage as she was making a digging motion on the concrete. She is a really pretty dog.

Edited by SockPuppet, 02 March 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users