20 replies to this topic

#1 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

To help a few of us out I created a bookmark list of Challenge Caches in the Greater Houston Area.  This includes Galveston and the ones north of Beaumont.  If I am missing one please let me know and I will gladly add it.  I think I have them all or most of them taken care of with this list.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,944 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

http://coord.info/GC43NPW

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#3 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

http://coord.info/GC43NPW

My apologies.  When I saw that cache on your list I thought it was a typical puzzle.  FR has one named the same.  Yours is now added to the list.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,944 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm sure you've seen This Bookmarked List of state-wide challenge caches.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#5 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm sure you've seen This Bookmarked List of state-wide challenge caches.

Yes I have and use it often, but you do realize we live in TEXAS.  Three of the top 10 metro areas in the state so that cache list is huge.  I thought a more localized list would help some of us who stay in the general area.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Just verifying I have not missed any newly added challenge caches in the Greater Houston area.  Can you make sure for your area of town.  I will gladly add them.  I need the list to be accurate for an upcoming post.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Looks like 89 active challenge caches within Houston/Galveston area.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I like Love Cachers' list at http://www.geocachin...46-a59654bc11c0 because it's statewide but breaks it down to areas by city code. I send them the new ones for our area as they publish, and Jay updates it within the hour usually. Met them when we came back through Abilene on our way home from our honeymoon trip. Super nice couple....

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#9 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks LogDawgs, a very helpfull addition!

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#10 amberita13

amberita13

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

As a newbie this is my first time seeing this thread & I appreciate this one-stop-shop for challenge caches.

I, myself, solved a puzzle a few weeks ago, (a Sudoku), & still have yet to travel to do the multi, (dang waiting around for my husband to do it with me!  ::) )

img.aspx?txt=Scoot+in+Cache+out!&uid=c71

#11 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

I like Love Cachers' list at http://www.geocachin...46-a59654bc11c0 because it's statewide but breaks it down to areas by city code. I send them the new ones for our area as they publish, and Jay updates it within the hour usually. Met them when we came back through Abilene on our way home from our honeymoon trip. Super nice couple....

Yes I like their's as well but that list is huge.  I was trying to narrow it down to our area and it is still near 100.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

I plan to have a new challenge out soon.
  • TexasWriter likes this
Posted Image

#13 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Yes I like their's as well but that list is huge.  I was trying to narrow it down to our area and it is still near 100.

Pretty easy to manage via PQ downloaded into GSAK where I can see them all, sort, filter by distance, etc. Also, when I get ready to make a road trip for work I can easily see which challenges are in neighboring cities, ones along the route, etc. Anyway, it works well for me.

#14 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Pretty easy to manage via PQ downloaded into GSAK where I can see them all, sort, filter by distance, etc. Also, when I get ready to make a road trip for work I can easily see which challenges are in neighboring cities, ones along the route, etc. Anyway, it works well for me.

Some of us despise GSAK since you cant use it on the fly on any computer in the world like you can a list on gc.com

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 GASTX

GASTX

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationHumble, Texas

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

If you have an android phone you can use gdak. A gsak clone.
Posted Image

#16 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Some of us despise GSAK since you cant use it on the fly on any computer in the world like you can a list on gc.com

To me, GSAK is like any other tool...just that....a tool. There are times when it is extremely useful (like when quickly determining if I meet the requirements of a new challenge cache before dashing out the door for a hopeful FTF), and there are times when it doesn't help me (like when I'm out and about). However, being an efficiency nut, there are a ton of things for which I find it extremely useful, faster, and easier to use than GC.com, and there numerous things I can do with GSAK that GC.com can't do at all even after a couple dozen clicks and screen advances. As for being out in the field, I don't need GSAK at those times since I can pull PQ's right down into my phone app regardless of the contents of the PQ. Like all technology tools/resources, there are always pros and cons. I just use the best parts of them and use them when they are the better tool (for me) for the job.

#17 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Anyways lets get back to the post.  Did I miss any challenge caches in Houston area?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Anyways lets get back to the post.  Did I miss any challenge caches in Houston area?

Hold on....let me look in GSAK real quick and I'll tell ya. Lol

• GASTX likes this

#19 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

You would do that.   GOT FTF!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

You would do that.   GOT FTF!

Like that, huh? My log had exactly one more letter in it than all the logs he left on my caches. "Got it" ....geez, don't get carpal tunnel typing all out all that verbosity. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users