Photo

In need of a presenter for a local girl scout troop in Klein ISD :-)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 trisqit

trisqit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Hello fellow geocachers.  My name is Kristen and I am actually new to all this!!!   Let me tell you how I got started:  I am a coleader for the girl scouts with my sister (her 2 daughters are in it).  They are now Juniors and are working on "journeys".  One of the journeys is on geocaching!!  YEAH!!!  I read up on it and am really enjoying it so far.  We have found 6 so far!! (again, beginners).  There are 5 steps that have to be completed in order for the troop to earn their badge for this journey.  One of the steps is to have someone come in and talk to the girls about geocaching.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in talking to a bunch of 4th and 5th graders (10 of them) about your experiences in geocaching.  I was also hoping for the girls to see pictures and maybe gear that you take while geocaching.  It would only need to be about a 20 to 30 minute talk :-) And the girls would love to see someone who has done a lot of geocaching!!!  It would be on a Friday night (4/5/13) around 6-630 pm near Tomball TX.  We hold our meetings at the local elementary school (Klein ISD).  If interested, please email me directly at trisqit@hotmail.com and please put in the subject field geocaching so it doesn't get deleted.  Thank you so much for your time !!! :-)

#2 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

You might want to contact IndyWallin through the geocaching.com site.  She's heavily involved in both Girl Scouts and caching and is on the north side.

• trisqit likes this

#3 trisqit

trisqit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thank you!! :-)

#4 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hi!

I've been in scouting for years and years (although due to work & relocation not recently), and have taken up geocaching 6 or so years ago. Although I haven't found as many caches as some of the locals I'm currently at 727 in total.

Me & my wife have recently moved to Houston from the Netherlands and most of my caching has been done there. So that might also be something to make things a bit more interesting.

If you're interested just let me know, either through HGCS or at: dhaulaghiri@hotmail.com.

Ps.: I'll send you the same message by mail.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#5 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Indywallin would be my choice as well and lives in Klein ISD

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Eagles1181

Eagles1181

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

If you can change the date you can also try gsguru (gsguru@Texasgeocaching.com).  I know she is busy on the date you mentioned because that is the night before Texas Challenge (mega event in Port Aransas), and she is team captain for SETX region.

Eagle

Posted Image

#7 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

The Muddy Buddies are also involved with girl scouts.

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#8 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

We plan to go to the Texas Challenge too.  Also, it would be very hard for us to get to that area on a Friday evening after work in time for their meeting.  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users