• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

http://coord.info/GC45EYF

WHAT: World Wide Flash Mob Event

WHERE: Discovery Green, Downtown Houston

WHEN: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 12:00 pm - 12:15pm

WHY: To quickly meet fellow geocachers, swap some stories, trade TBs/geocoins, and have some fun!

Event Schedule

11:50 -11:59 AM - Arrive near, but not at GZ! Act as if you're a muggle in the area.
12:00 PM - Dash to GZ!
12:01 pm - Sign the log and enter prize drawing
12:04 pm - Serve cake
12:08 pm - Meet fellow cachers, swap some stories, and trade trackables
12:11 pm - Prize drawing
12:13 pm - Gather for group photo
12:15 pm - Dash from the area

#2 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Wish I could make it but I will be on a bike riding in the MS150 in Dallas/Ft. Worth.

• georeyna likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I don’t know where I’ll be then, but just in case I will attend, I have been planning the 12:08 portion of the event.  You said that we will have to swap some stories.  Since you weren’t specific, I figured that 6 stories would be an appropriate amount to swap.  (I hope that I haven’t underestimated.) 

The problem is, I only have 5.3 stories ready, and I feel very pressured to come up with the final .7 with only 3 months before the event.

I’m sure that I speak for everyone in the forum when I mention that you ought to change the page to say, “swap 5.3 stories,” but then I started thinking that maybe there were some underachievers out there that have only prepared 4.9 stories, and they may feel a sense of anxiety about this.

• Mr Muddy Buddy likes this

#4 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Awesome  One that is close to me.  I'll be there.  

Posted Image

#5 Manofsteel73

Manofsteel73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

I don’t know where I’ll be then, but just in case I will attend, I have been planning the 12:08 portion of the event.  You said that we will have to swap some stories.  Since you weren’t specific, I figured that 6 stories would be an appropriate amount to swap.  (I hope that I haven’t underestimated.) 

The problem is, I only have 5.3 stories ready, and I feel very pressured to come up with the final .7 with only 3 months before the event.

I’m sure that I speak for everyone in the forum when I mention that you ought to change the page to say, “swap 5.3 stories,” but then I started thinking that maybe there were some underachievers out there that have only prepared 4.9 stories, and they may feel a sense of anxiety about this.

Okay, 5.3 stories it is.

#6 davarle

davarle

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Okay, 5.3 stories it is.

Whew! I feel a lot better now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users