#1 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Nominating caches.
Please PM me with your nominations. You can PM as many times as you would like, please put in the subject line NOMINATION.

Any member of the geocaching community is allowed to nominate caches. Please review the qualifications before submitting. This will help the nominating committee.

Their will be no more than 5 caches/groups per category for voting. In the event that more than 5 caches/groups are nominated. The nominating committee will verify that each entrant is approved for inclusion. The geocaching community will have a run-off to determine the top five caches/groups.

Timeframe:
February 28, 2013 – Nominations Deadline
Mar 1-Mar 15, 2013 – Runoff to determine top five caches/groups
Mar 16-April 30, 2012 – Voting
Sometime in May 2012 – Awards Event!

Boundaries:
Caches must be in the following counties to be nominated: Harris, Galveston, Brazoria, Ft. Bend, Montgomery, Waller, Chambers, Liberty, San Jacinto, Grimes and Walker.

Qualifications:
Caches must have been placed between 01-01-12 and 12-31-12.
Must be an active cache and remain active during the nomination and voting periods.
Can be either member’s only or regular caches
Must be within the counties listed.
If a cache is disabled during the voting period for maintenance, it will not be disqualified. If it is disabled for more than 2 weeks, it will be disqualified.

Categories:

Most Physically Challenging Cache - One which involves a hike of 2 miles or more, or the physical exertion of climbing hills, ditches, long bushwhacking, requires a boat, canoe or the like and/or swimming.

Best Themed Individual Cache - not part of a series, but has specific swag trading requests. This would include TB hotels, coin depots, pathtag exchanges, as well as others. Or one where the container and the surrounding area are a theme.

Best Themed Series - 3+ individual, linked by a theme

Most Scenic Area - a breathtaking view of nature, something beautiful you might have missed without the cache. Unusual, beautiful natural area that you wouldn't know existed (or probably wouldn't have gone to) if the cache wasn't there

Best Urban Cache - a cache cleverly hidden in an urban setting. no more than 20 percent vegetation in the surrounding mile radius. One that makes you feel like you are super secretive playing a super secretive game

Best Camo Cache – Can either be urban, rural, etc.

Best Night Cache – Uses fire tacks or similar. Can ONLY be done at night.

Best Cache for Tourist - a cache that takes you to a place that would be of interest to tourists: i.e. a museum, historical monuments, memorials: Cache at a place that isn't in the Guidebooks, but would be worth the visit.

Best Traditional Cache – Any size acceptable

Best Letterbox HybridA type of geocache that also includes a stamp inside which is not an item intended for trade. Found by using clues to locate the container.

Best Earth cache – Self explanatory

Best Multi Cache – Involves using a redirect to locate final coordinates.

Best Puzzle Cache – Self explanatory.

BEST BUSHWHACK STORY - Please submit your best bushwhack story for a special award. Include logs or pics if possible.

Edited by gsguru, 16 January 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#2 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

What about best Letterbox? We have had a bunch of those publish this last year.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

What about best series of self-portrait photos on logs? Just sayin'...
  • cachestacker and KeyResults like this

TXGA SETX Representative

#4 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

What about best series of self-portrait photos on logs? Just sayin'...

I will give you the award outright for that one! O0
  • Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I can do best Letterbox.

Write up a description for it and I will add it, please and thank you.

Edited by gsguru, 15 January 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#6 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I can do best Letterbox.

Write up a description for it and I will add it, please and thank you.

Best Letterbox HybridA type of geocache that also includes a stamp inside which is not an item intended for trade. Found by using clues to locate the container.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hope that helped Diane
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

OK, added a new category.. Best letterbox!

#9 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

OK, added a new category.. Best letterbox!

I don't care what Houston Control said about you. You rock! O0
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hey! I haven't even commented on this thread! (till now). How'd I get dragged into this? :tickedoff:
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#11 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

lol...

#12 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Just realized there is only a week left to nominate.... thought others might need a reminder as well.

Posted Image

#13 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Diane, is it possible to expand the definition of Best Themed Series so that it is not just limited to Traditional?

The ones I would like to nominate are the GSAK 101 and 201 Event Series by BFF Caching Buddies.  I'm sure many people agree those events really deserve to win something but they don't fit into any other category.

How about:  Best Themed Series - 3 or more, linked by a theme

Posted Image

#14 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Diane, is it possible to expand the definition of Best Themed Series so that it is not just limited to Traditional?

The ones I would like to nominate are the GSAK 101 and 201 Event Series by BFF Caching Buddies.  I'm sure many people agree those events really deserve to win something but they don't fit into any other category.

How about:  Best Themed Series - 3 or more, linked by a theme

Then lets get best event series but I since these caches can only be found on one day they should not be classified with other caches. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

I get you point on an event series category, but I think since most of those are really multi-year series that I don't think a annually award would do justice.   The GSAK 101/201s were each repeated at least three times I think.... so there were multiple chances.

But like i said, point well taken.

Perhaps a "Caching Karma Special Award" category for things that just don't fit other categories?

Or whatever... it's just a game.  But I think Key Results and 2Kats have helped MANY of us up the level of our game play with those sessions.  Oh, and Crossmage as well for a GSAK session in 2011.

Posted Image

#16 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I get you point on an event series category, but I think since most of those are really multi-year series that I don't think a annually award would do justice.   The GSAK 101/201s were each repeated at least three times I think.... so there were multiple chances.

But like i said, point well taken.

Perhaps a "Caching Karma Special Award" category for things that just don't fit other categories?

Or whatever... it's just a game.  But I think Key Results and 2Kats have helped MANY of us up the level of our game play with those sessions.  Oh, and Crossmage as well for a GSAK session in 2011.

I agree something out of the ordinary for sure and maybe a special category for those and other one off events like leap day or WWFM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 teamCull

teamCull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ok, perhaps my eternal ineptitude is creeping in but, have the categories for runoff been posted yet?  I'ld love to see some of the caches that are in the running for "best of..."   :angel:

#18 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Nope, haven't even paid any attention to the awards. The interest isn't there any more, sorry teamCull but I am not going to do the awards again. If someone wants to take the ball, I can send the few nominations I have received. It has a good run, but like most things, it has run its course.

#19 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Nope, haven't even paid any attention to the awards. The interest isn't there any more, sorry teamCull but I am not going to do the awards again. If someone wants to take the ball, I can send the few nominations I have received. It has a good run, but like most things, it has run its course.

Thanks for your effort over with the awards.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users