22 replies to this topic

#21 cook cachers

cook cachers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

For the year 2012:
- First time to get over a 1000in one year with 1063 and since I am working 12’ through 2013, I may not get another.
- Did 86 caches in one day for a personal solo record.
- Had my best month in December with 238 caches found.
- (estimate) 75+ chiggers, 6 ticks, innumerable scratches, gouges, cuts, and punctures from thorns, mossie bites uncountable, and a number of thousands of dollars in gasoline.
- Started attending events and CITO’s
- Started kayak caching
- Upped my hide count to 165 caches
- Taught two geocaching seminars sponsored by the City of Baytown
- Joined by my Bride on many adventures for the first time
- Most of all, the two greatest benefits I’ve discovered in geocaching is the wonderful people I’ve met and the adventure of going to new places, followed closely by the hiding and finding of geocaches.

My goals for 2013 are:
- Begin hosting quarterly events possibly with HoustonControl (I look up to him, but doesn’t everyone, except maybe KeyResults?)
- Hide more elaborate high-quality caches
- Continue to maintain every cache I own in a timely manner to attract geocachers to Baytown
- Expand my personal collection of geocoins to share at events
- Cache out of the state of Texas
- Do more CITO both locally and when I geocache in general
- Get a better grasp of GSAK
- Cache more with BFF’s KeyResults and 2Katz as they are fun people.
- Install lighting inside my Ocean Kayak to make everyone else’s Yak look sick in comparison at next year’s CLAPS nighttime paddling event.
- Take more self-portrait photos, movies, and attend more metro mash-ups
- Maintain my humility…
http://img.geocachin...98ff8a40a9a.jpg

You missed one - finding Misdirection (GC291RV). Personally, I was quite proud. :uglystupid2:

My only real accomplishments of the year were hitting 3000 with criffree at the FTF event (caching really is best when shared with great friends) and competing in my first Texas Challenge. The TC was such a blast and I could not wait for the next one. Port Aransas is one of our favorite places and we have several interesting caches there. Then my niece announced her wedding was that weekend, in Kansas. :'(

Next year I will finally finish my 366 day matrix and have a great year caching with friends and family. Sounds doable!
  • Baytown Bert likes this

#22 jackrock

jackrock

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

My stats are not so impressive as many.

I made 1241 finds.
39 FTFs
65 new Texas counties picked up in two great vacations
The loss of one geodog and the breaking in of a new geodog

#23 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm not even close to any of these achievements, but nonetheless I managed to finish my best year ever (a mere 156), my best month ever (63), my best day ever (54), longest streak (5 days) and most events in a year (5).
To put this all in perspective, most of these 'milestones' were reached in just 2 months, all after our moving to Houston. All in all I'm quite pleased and if things keep going the way they have been the last two months, I might reach a 1000 finds before the end of 2013!

Thanks for the warm welcome in the HCGS so far & I hope to meet a lot more of you in 2013.
  • Baytown Bert likes this

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users