These are my new year's goals for geocaching:
1) Work on finding the caches near my house. Specifically, I would like to see the first page of unfound caches be further than 3 miles from home. Right now, we have ten pages of unfound caches within 3 miles. Slackers! Many of those in my area are puzzles, so I started actually solving some in September. I haven't gone looking for a lot of them, but I have loaded the final coords on the GPS. Solving more each week.
2) Catch up to my brother and cookcachers. There was a summer we were all neck and neck in cache finds, but then they got way ahead of me. We haven't cached that much this year compared to previous years, but I want to change that this year. More caching!
3) Clear out the parks in the Houston area. I have a list of ones I want to work on this year, and dates I plan to go to them - I am going to host events at them when I do, I think, so we can have a chance to work on that in a group. I really enjoy the friendships I made through geocaching, and events are one way to build on those.
4) Bring back the Golden Ammo can to SouthEast Texas by leading our team to a victory this year! I think we can do this! I know we have the best team - now we need to bring that team out with a strategy that capitalizes on our strengths.
5) Go back to Utah and claim a find on Potters Pond, the grandfather cache that Jason held us back from due to safety precautions. More grandfather caches and western road trip adventures.