New Years Resolutions Caching Style
Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:26 PM
Lets see what everyone's caching resolutions/goals are for 2013.
I'll start it off.
Complete my D/T grid and my Finds by Placed Month grid. I also want to get 30 more counties and 3 more states/countries.
Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:32 PM
I pledge not to call my wife for locking my keys in my vehicle while caching - the recently installed hide-a-key that I won at Snoogans W.E.G.E. Event should help with this.
I pledge to mount my phone on my window mount if I need to look at maps to get to caches so I avoid wrecking my new Buick Enclave like I did my 2001 GMC Sierra - May she rest in peace.
Edited by TAZ427, 26 December 2012 - 04:32 PM.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:47 PM
- cachestacker and Baytown Bert like this
Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:59 PM
I think my goal for 2013 should be to really focus on GBP which I haven't really done much in. Some of the bigger series (elements, etc.) are on my list.
Learning to program a few WhereIGo's has been on my list for awhile. I'd also like to put a Letterbox in Memorial Park (I'm eyeing HC's archiving of Memorial park Mob memorial cache as an opportunity for that to happen). There needs to be a Letterbox in Memorial park. I'd also like to get a WhereIGo there also. probably should get a Multi in there too. I don't think there is one.
My son goes into Boy Scouts in January I will no longer be spending "an hour a week" volunteering as Den Leader, so perhaps that will free up some caching time?? Of course, I just might join the Goat Patrol and still spend more time camping with the Boy Scouts, so additional free time is yet to be determined. On the bright side is new parks to cache in (Enchanted Rock in February!!!)
Oh yeah, that leads to the 2013 goal of being Geocaching Merit Badge Counselor. Guess I'd better start reading up on that.
Also need to get that pathtag project finished.
A new geomoblie that I could put a bike on would be good.
That about sums it up.
Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:29 PM
1. Try not to roll my eyes when I drive up to yet another LPC. ( I failed, this year)
2. Try to subdue my dread of shrubbery caches in a high muggle area. (another failure)
3. I would like to complete the D/T grid (only 2 more to go)
4. Get more counties towards the Texas County Challenge. (need about 100 more)
5. Find more of the TxGCC13 Geocache Challenge caches. (@ 44 now)
6. Attend at least 1 event each month.
7. Find all the caches in George Bush Park. (a constant battle)
Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 PM
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:05 AM
Wait until you see my Pampas Grass series.
"Try to subdue my dread of shrubbery caches in a high muggle area." Arrrgggg! There is no cache I detest more than these, especially in a CVS parking lot.
Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:39 PM
- Become active in the geocaching community again.
- Achieve a 1000 finds. We're currently at 634. We went 580 consecutive days with out find from March of 2009 until October of 2010...not sure why we stopped but we did.
- Revive the 9 on 90 series and actually maintain the caches that we have placed.
- Baytown Bert likes this
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:05 PM
2. Attend as many events as possible
3. Overcome my aversion to caches in somebody's front/back yard
4. Try to set some new personal records (total finds in a year, month, day, etc.)
5. Try to find some of the more challenging series around Houston (like some of the CLASPs)
Enjoy geocaching to it's fullest!
- Baytown Bert likes this
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM
2. Get closer to finishing Jasmer by reducing the months needed from 22 to 11.
3. Attend a mega event (or two).
4. Go on at least 3 geocaching trips with my husband dangerkitties.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users