#1 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hi,
I am CajunAbear and just moved into a house in the Champions Forest Area. I have been caching since 2007 when I found my first cache in California on a business trip. I am just over 3000 finds. My wife geocaches with me for safety sake. I like to team hunt with others for safety, extra eyes, and just good fellowship.
I am a GIS mapmaker and Registered Land Surveyor in two states (not Texas) and I volunteer in Scouting as a Surveying Merit Badge Counselor.
Work keeps me hopping these days and I do NOT geocache as much as I like. That said, I try NEVER to turn down a team hunt offer when I am afforded that opportunity.
My Geocaching 2nd Hobby is to make maps for other Geocachers.
I will wait on that subject to be another post.
I have attended only a half dozen events in the area since I started work here in November 2011, but I thrilled to find the enthusiasm and good people here as I have found in all my geocaching adventures.

Having fun and making memories.
CajunAbear

Edited by cajunabear, 30 November 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Now that we have exhausted all the possibilities ... Let's get started.

#2 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Welcome to the plethora of caches in the Houston area!

TXGA SETX Representative

#3 Team Troglodyte

Team Troglodyte

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Welcome to Houston. I'm on the north side (Conroe) and perhaps we can get together for some caching one of these days. There's certainly no shortage of caches to hunt in your area.
  • cajunabear likes this

#4 KeyResults

KeyResults

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationTomball

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

As a surveyor you realize that your coords are expected to be -/+ 12 inches right? :)

Just messin' wid ya! We met briefly at the event. Welcome aboard!!!
  • cajunabear likes this
Why am I all sweatty and late? Umm...

#5 BedGirlCarGuy87

BedGirlCarGuy87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Welcome to Houston!!!
Especially welcome to the Champions Area!!!

I am new to geocaching but have been in this area for a while. If you haven't tried the Warrior series by TexasWriter yet, you should. Its a great series that starts by Willowbrook and goes into Cutten Green. Great little series for our area and might keep you busy for more than one afternoon. CarGuy and I started last week but haven't finished yet. (Off topic I am BedGirl and my Hubby is CarGuy).

Maybe soon we can meet at an event around this side of town. Being new to Geocaching myself not sure how to meet or join up with other geochachers in my area. (other than bumbing into one, which hasn't happened yet)

Again welcome to the area!!
  • TexasWriter likes this

#6 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,700 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Welcome to Houston!!!

I am new to geocaching but have been in this area for a while. If you haven't tried the Warrior series by TexasWriter yet, you should. Its a great series that starts by Willowbrook and goes into Cutten Green. Great little series for our area and might keep you busy for more than one afternoon. CarGuy and I started last week but haven't finished yet. (Off topic I am BedGirl and my Hubby is CarGuy).

Maybe soon we can meet at an event around this side of town. Being new to Geocaching myself not sure how to meet or join up with other geochachers in my area. (other than bumbing into one, which hasn't happened yet)

Welcome all! Keep an eye on this forum, BedGirl, especially the "Metro Mash-ups" area. Meet-ups to go caching in certain parts of town are publicized on there from time to time. Caching with a group can be a lot of fun!
  • Baytown Bert and cajunabear like this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#7 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Welcome to Houston!!!

BedGirlCarguy87 - Welcome!
I'm not sure if you are a 'premium' geocaching member or not. If so, you should be receiving weekly newsletters which will advise you about events in the area, new caches... the newsletter is one way to ensure you see all of the happenings as we don't always post this information on HGCS.
Posted Image

#8 BedGirlCarGuy87

BedGirlCarGuy87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thank you all for the information. I have been checking the Metro MashUps and will continue to so if I have time to go on a trip with you all I can. I am a premium member on geocaching.com I have not really looked at the weekley news letters guess I should :) Thanks for the info!!!

#9 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thanks sorry I have not replied sooner. I have made a few events in the area and enjoy meeting Geocachers every time. Thanks for the comments. I will be easing myself back into hunts during the 31 days events

Welcome to Houston!!! Especially welcome to the Champions Area!!! I am new to geocaching but have been in this area for a while. If you haven't tried the Warrior series by TexasWriter yet, you should. Its a great series that starts by Willowbrook and goes into Cutten Green. Great little series for our area and might keep you busy for more than one afternoon. CarGuy and I started last week but haven't finished yet. (Off topic I am BedGirl and my Hubby is CarGuy). Maybe soon we can meet at an event around this side of town. Being new to Geocaching myself not sure how to meet or join up with other geochachers in my area. (other than bumbing into one, which hasn't happened yet) Again welcome to the area!!

#10 TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

TravelingGeek

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hey, I think you made it to one of the few Will Cache For Foods that I attended.   I remember the map you had.  It was very cool.

Welcome back to the game.  :)

Posted Image

#11 cajunabear

cajunabear

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location77069

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thanks.

Been meaning to go to another one of those events.  Once family moved here and worked kicked in, things became a blur. ;D

Hey, I think you made it to one of the few Will Cache For Foods that I attended.   I remember the map you had.  It was very cool.

Welcome back to the game.   :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users